NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

1 hour ago, RayFinkle said:

That Pats field looks pretty good.

Just a memory, I could be wrong, but does anyone remember a Titans playoff game at Tenn in which the endzones were painted red?

It was when the Titans played the Ravens in the 2000 AFC Divisional Playoffs. I actually remember that game.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

That Pats field looks pretty good.

Just a memory, I could be wrong, but does anyone remember a Titans playoff game at Tenn in which the endzones were painted red?

It was when the Titans played the Ravens in the 2000 AFC Divisional Playoffs. I actually remember that game.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Thanks, and here is the last game at Foxboro Stadium (the tuck rule game) ...

All I can really remember about this game was the tuck rule game and my dad being really mad over that play (I guess he would have preferred playing the Raiders over the Patriots in the AFC championship). I'll see if I can get a better looking field together though that isn't covered in snow.

These are great. would you happen to know how long those particular fields were in use?

I will need to look them up!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

And here are some screenshots from 1998, first year in PSI Net stadium:

December 13, 1998 - Minnesota at Baltimore

Both end zones had the "Batman" logo to the left and the "Shield" logo to the right of the word -- with "BALTIMORE" in the right end zone and "RAVENS" in left end zone.  NFL shield on the 30 yard lines at the center and the Baltimore 'Batman' logo at mid-field.

1998 MIN_BAL 2.png

1998 MIN_BAL 3.png

1998 MIN_BAL 4.png

1998 MIN_BAL 5.png

1998 MIN_BAL 6.png

1998 MIN_BAL.png

14 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Patriots 2006 early season grass

NE_2006_1.thumb.png.cffbf1b7157b72664c54

I'm having some hard times finding a good image of Foxboro stadium in '01, but if I had to guess it would be like this field except with just the wordmark in the endzones and no Gillette Stadium logos. I found an image for this field though and it looked so nice I had to make it.

Thanks, that looks great!

2000 Baltimore Ravens

BAL_2000.thumb.png.b41986497f4620e8edf17

It was hard to figure out what year this field was from but with tons of research I was able to figure it out. The other Baltimore field will take me a little while longer, but what I want to do with fields at the moment is to first do the 2015 fields for every team then work my way back. So I may not be doing some of these older fields for a while (unless I see something I really want to do). 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GridironUniform said:

Here is one of the sloppiest fields I've seen, for a rainy day game, especially the lack of proper spacing and sizing of the "PATRIOTS" in the visiting end zone.  I don't think I did the "S" justice how bad it actually is.

New Engalnd at Miami

AFC Championship

January 12, 1986

1985 AFC Champ.png

NE_MIA_11286.png

Oh dear God, I remember seeing this one on TV, when I was in the US Army on AFN (Armed Forces Network), The field was is really poor shape, and the "Patriots" font looked like it was added in a hurry! The old Orange Bowl really had some of the worse fields in the NFL.

8 hours ago, GridironUniform said:

Here is one of the sloppiest fields I've seen, for a rainy day game, especially the lack of proper spacing and sizing of the "PATRIOTS" in the visiting end zone.  I don't think I did the "S" justice how bad it actually is.

New England at Miami

AFC Championship

January 12, 1986

Ouch looks horrible.. If SFCOM1 didn't post those images I would've believed it...

Also pitt6pack=GridironUniform??

13 hours ago, GridironUniform said:

New England at Miami
AFC Championship
January 12, 1986

1985 AFC Champ.png

You forgot to make the 'S' upside down as well. I also made a few other changes, including the number font. But wow this field is ugly

MIA_1986_1_12.thumb.png.f3d7307d5151ad12

5 hours ago, mee said:

Ouch looks horrible.. If SFCOM1 didn't post those images I would've believed it...

Also pitt6pack=GridironUniform??

pitt6pack=pit6pack;

GridironUniform='Gridiron Uniform Database admin';

On 2/25/2016 at 7:39 PM, pitt6pack said:

Patriots 2006 early season grass

NE_2006_1.thumb.png.cffbf1b7157b72664c54

I'm having some hard times finding a good image of Foxboro stadium in '01, but if I had to guess it would be like this field except with just the wordmark in the endzones and no Gillette Stadium logos. I found an image for this field though and it looked so nice I had to make it.

I've already posted and said this field looks great.  If there was some red paint in those end zones, WOW, what a field.  An incredible regular season field.  But I know painted end zones on a grass field in the North East climate would most likely not work out, LOL.

4 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

I've already posted and said this field looks great.  If there was some red paint in those end zones, WOW, what a field.  An incredible regular season field.  But I know painted end zones on a grass field in the North East climate would most likely not work out, LOL.

I don't know if there is room to submit a hypothetical field in this thread without causing any confusion (maybe this could be a new thread in itself) -- but how about a hypothetical AFC Championship field at Gillette Stadium, circa 2002 or so.  I realize now that the two Steelers-Patriots title games were in Pittsburgh, and the game logo I used was from 2005, so this never happened on a couple levels, but none-the-less here it is with color end zones (and opponent's end zone) in all their glory.  I think I may start a whole thread with what Conference Championship fields could (or should) have looked like....

Hypothetical 2002 AFC Championship.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

You forgot to make the 'S' upside down as well. I also made a few other changes, including the number font. But wow this field is ugly.

...also I didn't realize how way too big I made the oddly-orientated conference logos on the 25 yard lines.....  Thanks for fixing it up for me, I knew you would make it better.  I'll try to stop creating more work for you, LOL!

..okay one more ugly one.  Again, this is just a rough sketch of it, but the 1982 AFC Championship (Jets at Dolphins) was played in the rain and mud and on an even worse field than 1985.  I guess the dark green was to cover over the Orange Bowl lettering or something, but this is the best they could come up with?  I am looking for my DVD copy of this game to verify the whole field, but based on what I saw from some highlights, this is what I have so far.  I don't think A.J. Duhe minded how bad the field looked, however.

1982 AFC Champ.png

18 hours ago, GridironUniform said:

I don't know if there is room to submit a hypothetical field in this thread without causing any confusion (maybe this could be a new thread in itself) -- but how about a hypothetical AFC Championship field at Gillette Stadium, circa 2002 or so.  I realize now that the two Steelers-Patriots title games were in Pittsburgh, and the game logo I used was from 2005, so this never happened on a couple levels, but none-the-less here it is with color end zones (and opponent's end zone) in all their glory.  I think I may start a whole thread with what Conference Championship fields could (or should) have looked like....

Hypothetical 2002 AFC Championship.png

AWESOME!!  Good lord that Pats end zone is a million times better than their past two SB ones.  A shame that the NFL is so just, just, well, I don't even have the word for how terrible the NFL is when it comes to this kind of stuff. 

Put the AFCCG logos at the 25 and you just blew my mind, sir.

18 hours ago, GridironUniform said:

..okay one more ugly one.  Again, this is just a rough sketch of it, but the 1982 AFC Championship (Jets at Dolphins) was played in the rain and mud and on an even worse field than 1985.  I guess the dark green was to cover over the Orange Bowl lettering or something, but this is the best they could come up with?  I am looking for my DVD copy of this game to verify the whole field, but based on what I saw from some highlights, this is what I have so far.  I don't think A.J. Duhe minded how bad the field looked, however.

1982 AFC Champ.png

Yea back in the early 80's and on to the 90's (just before the Dolphins moved to Joe Robbie (now Sun Life) Stadium. The field at the old Orange Bowl was so badly torn up. Between the 'Fins and the U of Miami, and then the Orange Bowl game itself. That was one really trashed field!

On 2/27/2016 at 7:28 PM, RayFinkle said:

@RayFinkle I found A pic on Google for 2001 (But I am at work and can not post it). the pic of the 2006 field is similar, but no NFL shield or secondary "Flying Elvis" (or in the case of two end zones "Elvi") and the NFL shield did not exist on the 25 yard lines yet. Outside of that the number font and 50 yard logos are identical.