NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

14 minutes ago, mee said:

Didn't the Falcons put the 50 seasons logo in the endzone this year?

Yes they did, but the Falcons had a completely forgettable season so I completely forgot. I'll get that fixed by 10:12 EST

EDIT: Made the change, and 6 min ahead of schedule too

Edited by pitt6pack

23 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Yes they did, but the Falcons had a completely forgettable season so I completely forgot. I'll get that fixed by 10:12 EST

EDIT: Made the change, and 6 min ahead of schedule too

:)

What about the MLS lines on the Seattle field?

Sorry for all the corrections.....Great job btw.

19 minutes ago, mee said:

:)

What about the MLS lines on the Seattle field?

Sorry for all the corrections.....Great job btw.

Corrections are a good thing, I want these fields to be as accurate as possible.

I actually do have the MLS lines on the field already, they are just washed out. They should be more visible at full scale, like below.tmp.thumb.png.dbcfe4d66911ff8a4eee940ebf

20 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Corrections are a good thing, I want these fields to be as accurate as possible.

No problem. Do you need the larger file for Ford Field? I did a couple of updates to accurize it a bit more.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On 1/13/2016 at 6:28 PM, pitt6pack said:
On 1/13/2016 at 1:40 PM, habfan77 said:

Ditto. Very unusual indeed.

It was a sportsmanship kind of thing.  In the '60s at the Cotton Bowl, Dallas had the opponent's endzone with their team name and logo.  In Kansas City, they only had the opponent's helmets at the 35 yd line with the Chiefs helmet on the other 35 with the Chiefs having both enzones painted alike from 1969-71.  In the 1971 and 1973 NFL Championship Games in Dallas, they had the 49ers and Vikings' endzone painted as if it were the Super Bowl.

Arizona Cardinals December 24th, 2005 (Last game at Sun Devil Stadium)

Not all that much different from what they would use at the U of P the next year. Exceptions are End Zones are flipped compared to U of P stadium, and no white border around the Cardinal head logo at midfield. The entire midfield had been re-sodded prior to the game, as the grounds keepers where in the process of getting the field ready for the last Fiesta Bowl to be held at Sun Devil Stadium in a little over a week (Ohio State vs Notre Dame January 2nd, 2006)

Cards_Last_SD_Game.png

On 1/15/2016 at 4:21 PM, Topherlee2 said:

Found the full '93 AFC Wild Card Game between the Steelers and the Chiefs when Arrowhead used to have AstroTurf. I'm sure it brings up bad memories for pitt6pack but great memories for me. Hope it's good enough for you to make it if you want.

Just found a video that shows the old AstroTurf field of Arrowhead Stadium better than the Steelers-Chiefs 1993 AFC Wild Card game video that I posted (Hope this one doesn't get taken down on Youtube too.). By the way, I'm very patient. So, whenever you finish it is fine with me. Keeping doing your great work! Oh before I forget, hope you do also a grass version of it. I know they did it for one year in 1994 after that year they started making the field like do now. That would be great, thanks! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vt3wDfc1rQ

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Here's another NFC Championship field, from the 1978 season.  I like how they put the NFC logo at midfield.  Interesting that the Rams didn't put Cowboys in the visiting end zone for the Conference Championship, although a year earlier they did for a divisional playoff game against the Vikings.   Rams chose to wear white uniforms at home and force the Cowboys to wear their hated blue unis.

Dallas Cowboys (28) at Los Angeles Rams (0)

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

January 7, 1979

1979_1_7.png

78NFC.png

• Like 2

Its been a long while since I have been able to work on any fields. Full time job and grad school along with other life responsibilities has really left me no time. I did get a chance to do the Vikings field for US Bank stadium. From the pictures I've seen so far, there aren't any NFL logos on the field yet, but I'll update it if they do get added.

***EDIT***

I've since updated and moved the field to here: Vikings 2016

• Like 3

I do anticipate the "NFL SHIELD" to be on the 25 yard lines, at US BANK Stadium. As the Hall of Fame Game field (or what ever was that mess), in Canton, OH, did have them pained in the normal colors, and on the 25's

21 hours ago, ckunz said:

Just went through this whole thread and I love it! Any interest in giving some college fields a try? These are sooooo awesome! Great job.

19 hours ago, StaatsBrett said:

Hey  Pitt could you please do one with the soccer lines showing  and have the  fb markings washed-out 

Thanks for the interest and appreciation. I've just been too busy to get around to doing any fields lately to get into any other fields right now. Once the NFL season starts up again though I do want to get back into finishing up the current fields, and working my way back from there before I start doing other requests. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Thanks for the interest and appreciation. I've just been too busy to get around to doing any fields lately to get into any other fields right now. Once the NFL season starts up again though I do want to get back into finishing up the current fields, and working my way back from there before I start doing other requests. 

Alright yeah that sounds good!

scraw28, thanks for the pics. I saw this field yesterday and knew I wanted to do it. I don't do pre-season fields, or add every extra logo that the NFL puts on the fields because there would be way too much variations and fields to cover. So I did the basic field without the play football logos. It looks like they brought back the same number font that they used when the Rams played in the coliseum in the 70's. I'm interested to see what the field will be like during the regular season, and I'll update this post as necessary. 

2016 Los Angeles Rams

LA_2016.png

2016 Los Angeles Rams - Secondary

LA_2016^2.png

2016 Los Angeles Rams 3 - a smaller NFL logo at mid-field, same size as at MetLife stadium

LA_2016^3.png

Los Angeles Rams 4

LA_2016^4.png

On-field Logos

Midfield
Rams_Midfield.png

Endzones
Rams_Endzone_City.png

Rams_Endzone.png

Rams_Endzone_City_2.png

Rams_Endzone_2.png

Numbers
Rams_Numbers.png

Edited by pitt6pack
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On August 6, 2016 at 4:03 PM, pitt6pack said:

Its been a long while since I have been able to work on any fields. Full time job and grad school along with other life responsibilities has really left me no time. I did get a chance to do the Vikings field for US Bank stadium. From the pictures I've seen so far, there aren't any NFL logos on the field yet, but I'll update it if they do get added.

2016 Vikings

MIN_2016.png

On-field logos

Reveal hidden contents

Midfield

Vikings_Midfield.png

Endzones

Vikings_Wordmark.png

Numbers

Vikings_Numbers.png

YES!

Also, I gotta point out that there's a purple outline on the numbers.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

On 8/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, the heat suck said:

I gotta point out that there's a purple outline on the numbers.

I also added the paint around the 25 yard lines and NFL logo. Interesting to see the 25's are painted this year and not the 20's, I'm guessing due to the rule change on touch backs. Looks better to me on the 25's.

2016 Minnesota Vikings

MIN_2016.png

On-field Logos

Midfield
Vikings_Midfield.png

Endzones
Vikings_Wordmark.png

Numbers
Vikings_Numbers.png

• Like 1

Its been a while since I have had the time to put some fields together, but I've got a bunch on the way. I'm doing away with posting the on-field logos from this point on, as a measure to save me some time.

I'll start things off with the Raiders, who are having quite a good year to this point (doesn't look too good tonight at the moment though).

2016 Oakland Raiders - Early Season Baseball

OAK_2016_0.png

2016 Oakland Raiders - Mid-season

OAK_2016_1.png

2016 Oakland Raiders - Late-season

OAK_2016_2.png

I will also go back and date these fields to multiple years if applicable. The early season baseball field for the Raiders has been used for quite a while, including last season since they started off not painting the 50's gold.

• Like 2