Noir's MLB

Noir

These are interesting. I like the White Sox logo quite a bit, and the Tigers logo is good.

The Warriors idea is interesting--I think those are firefighters' axes, is that right?--but Cleveland should not overlap the axes like it does. In addition, the middle of the logo looks empty, maybe try adding baseball stitching in navy to the white circle.

I love the Diamondbacks snake-head logo, but the colors are all too close to each other. The red, purple, and teal all have similar black points. Try desaturating the logo to make it completely grayscale, and I think you will see what I mean. I also strongly dislike a primary logo having their shortened moniker (D-backs instead of Diamondbacks), but this would destroy the balance of the logo. Maybe you should get rid of the words.

I don't really get the Braves. Are you playing with the "Home of the Braves" part of the national anthem? To me, the flint-head axe is a much stronger mark than a logo that looks like it is a patch that every team (except Toronto) would wear on the side of their hat on July 4.

The Rockies almost works but try switching the light gray and purple in the word Rockies. The light gray gets lost on the white background, and that makes the word hard to read.

award%20sig.png

These are interesting. I like the White Sox logo quite a bit, and the Tigers logo is good.

The Warriors idea is interesting--I think those are firefighters' axes, is that right?--but Cleveland should not overlap the axes like it does. In addition, the middle of the logo looks empty, maybe try adding baseball stitching in navy to the white circle.

I love the Diamondbacks snake-head logo, but the colors are all too close to each other. The red, purple, and teal all have similar black points. Try desaturating the logo to make it completely grayscale, and I think you will see what I mean. I also strongly dislike a primary logo having their shortened moniker (D-backs instead of Diamondbacks), but this would destroy the balance of the logo. Maybe you should get rid of the words.

I don't really get the Braves. Are you playing with the "Home of the Braves" part of the national anthem? To me, the flint-head axe is a much stronger mark than a logo that looks like it is a patch that every team (except Toronto) would wear on the side of their hat on July 4.

The Rockies almost works but try switching the light gray and purple in the word Rockies. The light gray gets lost on the white background, and that makes the word hard to read.

I love the Braves branding, but i figured I would explore the Home of the Braves part a bit more, this is what i came up with. Cleveland i didn't like so much, as I wanted to get rid of all Native American imagery. Arizona was a mashup of uniform scripts and that red is actually a dark copper that i saw on a patch of a jersey that I have for them

I love the Braves branding, but i figured I would explore the Home of the Braves part a bit more, this is what i came up with. Cleveland i didn't like so much, as I wanted to get rid of all Native American imagery. Arizona was a mashup of uniform scripts and that red is actually a dark copper that i saw on a patch of a jersey that I have for them

Right. I think I got most of your reasoning. For Cleveland I suggested a few tweaks that could make the logo look more like a professional logo (and are those firemen's axes?). For Arizona, whether it is red or copper, it doesn't change the fact that the colors blend together because their black points are too similar. I still don't think the Braves logo works because it uses a very generic symbol that could apply to any team in the United States.

award%20sig.png

All of these are great except for the Braves and the Red Sox. I love what you did with the Braves and the veteran image, but I think that it is a little sloppy. And with the Sox, the gray really muddies it up, and ruins all tradition.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived