CBS to debut new logo and graphics for Super Bowl 50.

Curtos07

New Logo and On-Air Look

Super Bowl 50 will mark the launch of a comprehensive redesign of CBS Sports’ iconic logo and will implement a new on-air graphics look for CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network that will debut as part of the Network’s Super Bowl Week programming and its exclusive broadcast of Super Bowl 50.

The new CBS logo, which is changing for the first time in 35 years, holds true to the Network’s tradition while giving it an updated sleeker, more modern design. Visually, the renewed style of CBS Sports’ graphics package will present clean lines, bold color and strong compositions.

Also says the new look will be used across all CBS and CBS Sports Network telecasts following the Super Bowl. Interested to see how the new changes will look like. I hope they go with the sleek, flat look that most networks are going with these days. I'm not a huge fan of CBS' current graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a small glimpse of what to expect on Sunday night...looks like another "keep it simple" kind of graphics set we'll be seeing from this screens hot I picked up from the NFL on CBS Facebook page. Just like NBC and FOX, nothing complicated, just clean, elegant graphics.

Also, the website and network have taken the change prematurely.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106700-cbs-sports-debuts-new-logo/

Screenshot_2016-02-01-20-27-38.png

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Any screenshots of the CBS Sports Network from this week? Their ticker has changed too to reflect the new look. Only thing that hasn't changed at this point is the college hoops games...they are still going off of the Super Bowl XLVII graphics at the moment.

I can't get any pictures unless I get lazy and use my camera...obviously a HUGE no-no

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I've always thought that the current CBS Sports logo is terribly dated. The new one seems generic and unmemorable. That said, the rest of the new graphics package looks really clean and attractive, so this seems to be an upgrade overall.

19 hours ago, Curtos07 said:

Looks a lot like Fox if you ask me. CBS Sports Network's new graphics looks like the original FS1 graphics they used from 2013 to mid-2015.

Thank you. I was looking at that an was thinking it looked familiar. Like I'd seen it somewhere before or something very similar to it.

15 hours ago, ItzJamesFTW said:

I'm a director for a CBS affiliate and we ran a story this morning that had a look inside the control room for Super Bowl 50.  Caught a few of these screens. They don't show much, but some stylistic choices you will likely see.

ZWWO0Dc.jpg

VmA9zuC.jpg

ylal6.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker

i love it so far

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 at 3:46 AM, Curtos07 said:

Looks a lot like Fox if you ask me. CBS Sports Network's new graphics looks like the original FS1 graphics they used from 2013 to mid-2015.

I watched Super Bowl Live on CBSSN last night and saw a lot more of the graphics..its looking a lot more like the current Fox Sports design.

The intro looks beautiful as well...reminds me of the 2011 MNF graphics from ESPN

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 04/02/2016 at 3:46 AM, Curtos07 said:

It reminds me of FOX's US Open golf package, if that makes sense.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Definitely a cleaner feel to the new CBS Sports graphics when compared to the old package.  No curved ends to the graphic boxes, and from a couple of graphics I've seen in the pregame, the team logos seem a bit more prominent (and not as obscured by enlargements or shadows).  I've noticed, too, that the font seems to be the same as what was used in the old package.  I was expecting a brand new font similar to what's used in the new CBS Sports logo, but with lots of information going into limited on-screen space (especially with the in-game graphics), sticking with a narrower font is probably for the best.

Archived