CBS to debut new logo and graphics for Super Bowl 50.

Curtos07

22 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the new NFL on CBS. (Well...at least it's new logo)12594052_1011966108889653_42624652340944

I wonder if CBS will stick with Green for their golf coverage ..the serif NCAA Logo for their college sports coverage and the SEC logo?

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

6 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The look is very clean and I like it, but I have to wonder if it isn't unique enough. All of the major sports networks have switched to very simple graphics, and none of them stand out anymore. They're just way too similar.

they're not exactly identity packages so aesthetics definitely follow function and purpose. the type and numbers need to be presented clearly, and the best way to do that is through the similar technique you see now. but once you have that foundation down, there is still room to do unique things - the Monday night Football and Thursday Night Football on-air packages are fantastic. they use a lot of similar types and present the information similarly, which is good, but they certainly have their own unique feel and aesthetic spin on "primetime football"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

21 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The look is very clean and I like it, but I have to wonder if it isn't unique enough. All of the major sports networks have switched to very simple graphics, and none of them stand out anymore. They're just way too similar.

I know what you mean and it gotten lazy I remember when the Angels was on KCAL 9 they had one of my favorite graphic and when they moved to KCOP 13 they used the boring FSN graphics and music

So...quick breakdown. The "clean look" trend appears to be very nice. I would like a little tweak of the NFL scoreboard...you hardly ever see it in its "smaller" state because they almost always keep down & distance up, even when they have to measure it. If it were up to me, toggle the scoreboard like with the previous graphics or keep the eye logo constant. Also, who loves the use of the team scripts on touchdowns??

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Assuming this motif will carry over to the Turner networks once March Madness kicks in..??

As far as I know, March Madness gets a different, more neutral look due to being split across several networks. I wouldn't count on CBS stuff on TNT.

bSLCtu2.png

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Assuming this motif will carry over to the Turner networks once March Madness kicks in..??

As far as I know, March Madness gets a different, more neutral look due to being split across several networks. I wouldn't count on CBS stuff on TNT.

bSLCtu2.png

I wonder if we'll get new graphics for March Madness? CBS/Turner always uses a different graphics package from what CBS uses for college basketball during the regular season. They have been using the same graphics package for five straight seasons, so it is time for change.

• 6 months later...

Archived