No more Authentic MLB jerseys on mlbshop.com ?

Almighty

13 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

Yeah, I've bought several jerseys on ebay in the past. The cheapest I ever found an authentic black Sox jersey for was $90.

Was Jersey-Central replaced? I remember about 7 years ago I was on two jersey cites. One was Jersey Central. There was also a website the either replaced JC or shut down and was replaced by JC. Anyway, JC is not up right now. Anything like it still active?

Cheapest i've gotten an authentic for was for 10 on ebay. (Strasburg rookie edition and a Tigers Prince Fielder) I just got lucky

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Noir said:

Cheapest i've gotten an authentic for was for 10 on ebay. (Strasburg rookie edition and a Tigers Prince Fielder) I just got lucky

Cheapest I ever got was a Majestic Dodgers away with the Los Angeles in the old blue/white double twill.  $15 bucks on ebay.  The deal of the century I found was when I went to Florida in 2011.  Albany airport was selling the Authentic 1944 Majestic powder blue throwback Brooklyn Dodgers jerseys.  Because Albany serves as the airport for Cooperstown and everyone (HoF'ers) flies into there for Induction Weekend- so the airport gift shop was selling them and had one jersey for each size- 44, 48, 52, 56.  

They sat there from July until December.  When I saw them the first time there were tagged at Majestic's suggested retail price of $220.  They then had them marked them down to $99 in December.  So I scooped the 52 up.  BUT the register came up $49- so I picked up the 48.  The sad part is I should have picked up the 56 as well.  I have never seen those jerseys less the $170 on ebay or MLB's shop since then.

8 minutes ago, METDVLS said:

Cheapest I ever got was a Majestic Dodgers away with the Los Angeles in the old blue/white double twill.  $15 bucks on ebay.  The deal of the century I found was when I went to Florida in 2011.  Albany airport was selling the Authentic 1944 Majestic powder blue throwback Brooklyn Dodgers jerseys.  Because Albany serves as the airport for Cooperstown and everyone (HoF'ers) flies into there for Induction Weekend- so the airport gift shop was selling them and had one jersey for each size- 44, 48, 52, 56.  

They sat there from July until December.  When I saw them the first time there were tagged at Majestic's suggested retail price of $220.  They then had them marked them down to $99 in December.  So I scooped the 52 up.  BUT the register came up $49- so I picked up the 48.  The sad part is I should have picked up the 56 as well.  I have never seen those jerseys less the $170 on ebay or MLB's shop since then.

Keep looking, somebody's gonna find them

Majestic tweeted out that the new regular season FlexBase jerseys will be available via their site on Feb 1, and the new spring training jerseys will be available from MLBFanatics on Feb 1.  So we should get everything sorted out on Monday.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Well the pinstripes not only look crummy on the sides, they look particularly bad on the tail of the shirt. Didn't know that was going to be the case, as well. Doesn't matter that much as a ballplayer when it's tucked in all the time, but doesn't make for the best fanwear. Glad the Braves don't have any pins.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bouj said:

The Flex Base is available on MLB Shop now.  Looks like they are priced similarly to the previous iteration of authentics.

http://shop.mlb.com/Jerseys_Authentic_-_On-Field?ab={wt-graphic_carousel}{pt-home}{al-a1Spot}{ct-flex_base_jerseys}

Thanks for the heads up.... Geez, i can't seem to recall pirates black jerseys cost 350 ! and red angels 370 !, they better run those 30% off deals ever so often 

2 hours ago, Almighty said:

Thanks for the heads up.... Geez, i can't seem to recall pirates black jerseys cost 350 ! and red angels 370 !, they better run those 30% off deals ever so often 

The Mets blue away with Harvey's name is $289- up $20 from old coolbase. The Mets' Spring Training with Wright's name is $312!. WTF are they smoking and Park Ave and in VF's HQs?. No body is dumb enough to pay this price. For a jersey that will end up on sale when they change to the next template.

Get your 60% off jerseys now.  Just ordered another one last night. Makes it 3 since sale started.  

11 hours ago, Bouj said:

The Flex Base is available on MLB Shop now.  Looks like they are priced similarly to the previous iteration of authentics.

http://shop.mlb.com/Jerseys_Authentic_-_On-Field?ab={wt-graphic_carousel}{pt-home}{al-a1Spot}{ct-flex_base_jerseys}

I don't see the Yankees home jersey in FlexBase on there yet.  Still holding out hope that they stick with the double-knit.  Those new side panels are pretty bad looking on pinstriped jerseys...

12 hours ago, METDVLS said:

The Mets blue away with Harvey's name is $289- up $20 from old coolbase. The Mets' Spring Training with Wright's name is $312!. WTF are they smoking and Park Ave and in VF's HQs?. No body is dumb enough to pay this price. For a jersey that will end up on sale when they change to the next template.  

$20 increase  for a mesh  diaper :grin:

I was looking at the Mets page on MLB shop and they list the jerseys as "few left".  Who the hell in their right mind bought one?  I find it hard to believe that there has been a rush on these jerseys.  As a matter of fact I think Fanatics are a bunch of liars.

6 minutes ago, METDVLS said:

I was looking at the Mets page on MLB shop and they list the jerseys as "few left".  Who the hell in their right mind bought one?  I find it hard to believe that there has been a rush on these jerseys.  As a matter of fact I think Fanatics are a bunch of liars.

Just means they have a few in stock. They probably received a very small first order and even buying a few pushed the numbers down below the threshold for the "Few Left" graphic to pop up. 

I was looking at the specs and this bit stood out to me:

• Engineered decorations are lighter to improve mobility and breathability

I think someone already mentioned that the logos may be more like what is on an NBA jersey, with a fabric main color and kiss-cut twill on the outlines. That would essentially mean the end of having a jersey customized after purchase, unless EPS or the other major shops begins to use this technique with laser cutting and embroidery machines. As someone with a blade cutter and a sewing machine, it would be much more time consuming for me to work on my own jerseys.

14 hours ago, Yankee1983 said:

I don't see the Yankees home jersey in FlexBase on there yet.  Still holding out hope that they stick with the double-knit.  Those new side panels are pretty bad looking on pinstriped jerseys...

I don't see pinstriped jerseys available yet for the Cubs and Rockies either... I'm holding out hope that Majestic is working on a way to fix this.  Maybe the Cubs/Rockies/Yankees complained?

But other than those three, looks like other teams with pinstripe jerseys, the Mets, Phillies, Brewers, White Sox... all have the new dumb template available for sale.

90758391980.gif

48 minutes ago, DIYsportsguy said:

I was looking at the specs and this bit stood out to me:

• Engineered decorations are lighter to improve mobility and breathability

I think someone already mentioned that the logos may be more like what is on an NBA jersey, with a fabric main color and kiss-cut twill on the outlines. That would essentially mean the end of having a jersey customized after purchase, unless EPS or the other major shops begins to use this technique with laser cutting and embroidery machines. As someone with a blade cutter and a sewing machine, it would be much more time consuming for me to work on my own jerseys.

So the jerseys get more expensive , while script and logos get more flimsy ? uhh, the only reason to get an authentic in the first place is to get the real thick twill logos !

"improve mobility and breathability"  Yes, front script and sleeve logo has always been the culprit when a baseball player is drenched in sweat, it´s not the polyester cap in the hot Texas sun, no sir

Archived