No more Authentic MLB jerseys on mlbshop.com ?

Almighty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool base replicas are now $99.99 on MLB shop while Lids, Sports Authority, etc. are still at $90. I was already pissed a couple years ago when they went from $80 regular replicas to $90 cool base ones now Fanatics can s*** it. What a dumbass move by MLB...

6 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Cool base replicas are now $99.99 on MLB shop while Lids, Sports Authority, etc. are still at $90. I was already pissed a couple years ago when they went from $80 regular replicas to $90 cool base ones now Fanatics can s*** it. What a dumbass move by MLB...

I work at a large sports retailer and we were notified to change the price on all replicas to $100 and $120 (No name and name). If those other sites haven't changed prices yet I'm sure they will before the season starts.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

6 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

I work at a large sports retailer and we were notified to change the price on all replicas to $100 and $120 (No name and name). If those other sites haven't changed prices yet I'm sure they will before the season starts.

I call bull on that...why not charge less for a name-less jersey?

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 2/3/2016 at 9:31 PM, jp1409 said:

I had never noticed that... That's pretty lame considering the cheap material they now use.

Is the CoolBase replica material really that cheap feeling when you're wearing it? I remembered thinking it felt like plastic, but I thought it might be better when worn. I'm not a big fan of them missing patches and front numbers. And the silly looking faux stitch pattern on the interior colors really turn me off. I want to like them and get a Blue Jays road, but I just can't.

Thanks to lower quality and higher price of replica jerseys, if I had to choose between a shirsey and a replica, I'd probably just choose the shirsey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I call bull on that...why not charge less for a name-less jersey?

"$100 and $120 (No name and name)"

It is less for name-less.  $100 for nameless, $120 for named.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

1 hour ago, DIYsportsguy said:

Is the CoolBase replica material really that cheap feeling when you're wearing it? I remembered thinking it felt like plastic, but I thought it might be better when worn. I'm not a big fan of them missing patches and front numbers. And the silly looking faux stitch pattern on the interior colors really turn me off. I want to like them and get a Blue Jays road, but I just can't.

I'll be honest, the material feels good on hot summers day at the ballgame especially after a couple beers. I always buy blank ones so names and numbers don't really matter for me but the fact that they're now $20 over the previous replicas that had stitched script and logos is a :censored:ing travesty.

25 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I'll be honest, the material feels good on hot summers day at the ballgame especially after a couple beers. I always buy blank ones so names and numbers don't really matter for me but the fact that they're now $20 over the previous replicas that had stitched script and logos is a :censored:ing travesty.

:lol: Please elaborate

3 hours ago, Bouj said:

"$100 and $120 (No name and name)"

It is less for name-less.  $100 for nameless, $120 for named.

This is what I meant, just didn't read clearly.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

FWIW, the Cubs & White Sox have added their home FlexBase pinstripes to the MLB Shop.  Slowly but surely, all the jerseys are going on there.  Still no Yankees though.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

So I got an email from Majestic on one of my orders for a home pinstripe player jersey.  They tell me that due to high demand for jerseys- they are having trouble getting twill stock for jersey names and numbers - so my order will be delayed.  It doesn't say canceled. 

With the start of the season around the corner and what I suspect is a run on last year's retail jerseys- they are prioritizing use of twill for on field jerseys- with retail taking a backseat. I'm fine with that just so long as I get my jerseys (ordered 4 at the discounted price - less a birthday coupon).   But I believe them when they say there is a backlog on twill for names and numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this, but had to share my frustration with MLB Shop since Fanatics took over fully. Not only do they offer fewer authentics, none of the coupon codes they're offering can be used on jerseys. They don't even seem to be sending out the 15% off code they used to send for new email sign ups. We had a burglary at my house a month or so ago and all my jerseys (authentics and M&N replicas) were taken. I'm trying to rebuild here, MLB! Help a brother out!

Archived