Best and Worst historical Super Bowl uni matchups

MCM0313

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, jc... said:

1347145903_4521_SB.jpg?itok=UYTiET5R

The best uniforms in each conference, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, we're never getting a better SB uniform match.

As a runner-up, the Steelers-Packers matchup in XLV was great - I've always been a fan of how those two teams match up with one another. Jets-Colts in SB III was another really superb one, especially given the similarities in their shoulder stripes (I may be slightly biased as a Jets fan, granted).

6 minutes ago, kroywen said:

The best uniforms in each conference, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, we're never getting a better SB uniform match.

As a runner-up, the Steelers-Packers matchup in XLV was great - I've always been a fan of how those two teams match up with one another. Jets-Colts in SB III was another really superb one, especially given the similarities in their shoulder stripes (I may be slightly biased as a Jets fan, granted).

I wouldn't call the Bears' unis the best in the NFC, but the way their blues matched up against the Colts' whites was excellent. They complemented each other extremely well. I think the Redskins-Dolphins matchup (17, not 7) and the Bears-Patriots matchup (20) also both consisted of complementary sets of uniforms. You could also say the same for Giants-Bills (25), but they were almost too similar to be as complementary as the others.

21 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I think Super Bowl XLV is by far the most overrated. There was way too much yellow in the game for my liking. On top of that, the jersey patch was very poorly done, and the field looked really bad. 

Agreed. I don't think the Steelers and Packers look all that great together.

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

I think Super Bowl XLV is by far the most overrated. There was way too much yellow in the game for my liking. On top of that, the jersey patch was very poorly done, and the field looked really bad. 

especially near the trophy logos

vlcsnap-2015-09-24-18h10m48s204.png

1 hour ago, jrodsep said:

sb-xxix-1.jpg

I really think Super Bowl XXIX was underrated. Sure, it wasn't the Chargers unis you would want. But, the 49ers with the drop shadow and the Chargers road unis during that era looked good. For a bad game, I remember so much about that game, the scoring plays, and the commercials. And that horrible halftime show.

21 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I really think Super Bowl XXIX was underrated. Sure, it wasn't the Chargers unis you would want. But, the 49ers with the drop shadow and the Chargers road unis during that era looked good. For a bad game, I remember so much about that game, the scoring plays, and the commercials. And that horrible halftime show.

I like the matchup, but I'd actually flip what you said. I am okay with those Chargers' unis (although the powder blues are good too), but those 49ers leave something to be desired. I don't like the black, and the pants and jerseys are lacking all gold, which is remiss for a team whose nickname is all about finding gold.

Malcolm-Smith-Interception-Return-Super-

Say what you want about this matchup, visually speaking, but I think this one of the more better-looking matchups of the modern era (I am not being biased towards the Seahawks, bear in mind). Nike engineered both looks, after all.

UBwef0L.png

Archived