San Francisco Gales SC crest

mcrosby

The newly leaked San Fran soccer logo is...pretty terrible. I'm just playing around with this idea right now. The font is very much a placeholder.

I tried playing with adding two red pennant shapes, as that's the nautical sign for gale warning, but I'm having trouble fitting that in somewhere. This is one of the more 'retro' logos I've done. 

K8Ip2bG.png

I really like your concept! That being said, I think the bridge (I'm assuming it's Golden Gate) on top could use a little more detail and that you should either get rid of all the white or add some to more than just the roundel. Maybe you could hang pennants from the two highest points on the bridge or from the bottom of the bridge. Good luck!

I had the same thought, have the pennants fly from the bridge towers. Not having a reference photo right in front of me, perhaps extend those two strokes up a wee bit so you can add the pennants?

rATMcmK.png

This is really nice, mcrosby! I love the simplicity in the shapes and the retro feel. I agree the bridge could use a touch more detail, though. A few vertical lines on just the upper portion of the bridge would do the trick, IMO. 

Archived