USFL Redesign: Michigan Panthers and Expansion Talk (6/8)

razr32154

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@KittSmith_95 I'll work on getting all the jersey combinations up later for a better visual representation. 

@neo_prankster When I was working on the uniforms, I had originally chosen green pants, but I wanted to avoid the monochromatic look since I'm currently doing home and road teams. I will provide a set with green pants with the latest update. 

@PaperThin were you referring to sleeve stripes? or all of them? 

39 minutes ago, razr32154 said:

Here're some updates to the Federals jerseys. I took @PaperThin's advice on the sleeve stripes for the federals and made them bigger. Also included all Jersey combos for everyone to see. I'll likely have the next team up tonight or tomorrow. 

Let me know what you guys think. 

Bigger%20SS%202%20.png

Great uni set I would like to see white pants and a alt white helmet

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Appreciate the compliments. I have the next team ready to post. 

Team #3: Birmingham Stallions

I kept this one pretty simple with a stand-alone horse head in a wine and gold color scheme. The logo is outlined in white, as you will see on the uniforms. I also wanted to keep the uniforms pretty simple. The helmet is gold and features the primary logo on both sides. The home jersey is wine with white numerals outlined in gold. The primary logo is also featured on each and sleeve. The road jersey is white with wine numerals outlined in gold. Pants are the the same for both jerseys – part of the conservative look I was going for. I know I just posted a team that has gold in the color scheme, but since Washington has a pair of black pants, clashes of pants would be avoided. My only concern with these uniforms is that the primary logo featured on the sleeve caps may have been the wrong way to go. Maybe a more classic stripe would be better? I'm interested in what everyone has to hear. 

Bham%20Stallions.png

Home Uniform

STallions%20home.png

Road Uniform

Stallions%20Road.png

I really like your Stallions design. That being said, I think a pair of wine color pants would go well with the road uniform. Additionally, I wonder if a white helmet with gold and wine stripe would make the logo easier to see? I also think that you should take the logos off the sleeves and instead add stripes or nothing at all. Good job!

Here's an update to the Stallions' jerseys. On the helmet, I made the helmet logo larger and thickened the helmet stripe a tad. On the jerseys, I ultimately switched the logos out for a sleeve striping pattern similar to the Packers'. I also thickened the pant stripe a bit as well. 

Let me know what you guys think. 

Stallions%20Updated%20Uniforms.png

New Jersey- The uniforms are gorgeous, but I'm not sold on the logo. Maybe go for something a bit more symbolic, like the real Generals did.

Washington- Another nice set, and the logo is sharp. Any reason you switched the silver for gold?

Birmingham- No complaints here. Love the classic look.

@Megildur I still may try a white helmet out later on, but the main reason I decided against it was that I didn't want to have a double outline on the logo. I think it would be too bulky. 

@BigRed618 I'm going to post an update of the Generals later tonight most likely. I've worked on the logo to make it less Stalin-like so maybe that will sell you. I'm open to the possibility of a more symbolic logo. As for Washington, I made this set back in June so I really couldn't tell you. The original set had a lighter shade of green and silver, but I would guess I switched it cause I thought it looked better. No real reason. 

Okay so I have the update of the New Jersey Generals done. The logo is nearly identical, but much less Stalin-looking and more generic looking. I wanted to see if the change in face would make a difference before I completely scrap this logo. Color scheme has also been changed to R/W/B, although I think this may look better as Red, Grey and Blue. Uniforms are the big difference. I based the design of the striping off of the a General's uniform

Thoughts?

NJUpdate-01.png 

Home 

NJ%20Generals%20home%20uni%202.png

Road 

NJ%20Generals%20road%20uni%202%20update.

Archived