• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Navy - dumb

No outline - dumb

Off-center wordmark - dumb

No conference logo - dumb

From the greatness of helmet endzones to not even trying. 

Yikes, talk about an over reaction...

It looks fine and much better without the AFC mark.

14 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Yikes, talk about an over reaction...

It looks fine and much better without the AFC mark.

No. Omitting the AFC logo is the worst of all their mistakes. They are AFC champions. That's why they're in the game. Having the competing conference logos in the endzones has been a thing since, well, since the conferences started.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

5 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

Well that's the sideline, so....

Why would they even be painting the field this early? That just means you're gonna need at least two paint jobs. Assuming the first will be for SB Media Day.

There's rain in the forecast for the end of the week. and part of the weekend.  They probably want to have it done before any weather comes in.

15 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

No. Omitting the AFC logo is the worst of all their mistakes. They are AFC champions. That's why they're in the game. Having the competing conference logos in the endzones has been a thing since, well, since the conferences started.

Maybe the NFL wants to get away from that.  

Does it look like the far end zone has the Bronco logo and word mark too?   A mess up by the ground crew?

DML6KAQ.jpg

Yep, it is the the Broncos logo and word mark faded on the far end zone...

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

17 hours ago, Quillz said:

Well, usually the 50th anniversary of anything is celebrated. So, it "feels" better to make the change now, rather than later.

Also, I think that's it for Roman numerals. I think from here on out, it's going to be Arabic numerals. Most people can read Arabic numerals much easier than Roman numerals, and it's probably that much easier to market.

Nope.  It'll be Super Bowl LI next year, LII after that.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to ditch roman numerals in favor of an Arabic-based system, "The 50th Super Bowl," "The 51st Super Bowl," etc., but no soap.

nav-logo.png

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

As of last year, I've pretty much given up on Super Bowl endzones. The Patriots' was an absolute disaster.

nfl_e_pregamets_576x324.jpg

Yeah, this was awful. Makes me wonder though, if they were planning to go without the conference logos in the end zones this year all along, what would they have done with the Pats?

Archived