Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ltp74 said:

That's what they did for SBXXV and it looked really good.

Talked about this the last few years... here's the thing -- you don't see the entire field view like that ever,,, only when they go to the blimp view.

If you think about what you see on TV --  90% of the game action happens between the 20-40 yard lines (especially because they are on both sides of the field)  while maybe 10% of the game happens between the two 40 yard lines.  In that respect you will see thew Super Bowl 50 logo on TV WAYYYYYYYY more often than you will see the NFL logo at midfield.  So it makes much more sense to put the Super Bowl logos where they have them.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

10 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Wait a minute... this is one giant trophy?! I thought for sure the Vince Lombardi Trophy itself would come off and the rest would just serve as a display/presentation platform.

960x0.jpg

How the Golden Super Bowl 50 Trophy Came Together

Not that it should be surprising, but what a masturbatory move by the NFL.  There is no damn reason that thing has to be more than twice as heavy as the Stanley Cup.

Admiral may have to revise his pick... if Goodell hands that thing to Jerry Richardson, it will probably kill him.

On 1/26/2016 at 7:35 PM, Silence of the Rams said:
2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Not that it should be surprising, but what a masturbatory move by the NFL.  There is no damn reason that thing has to be more than twice as heavy as the Stanley Cup.

Admiral may have to revise his pick... if Goodell hands that thing to Jerry Richardson, it will probably kill him.

You realize the joke people will pull if they do right

I believe the 50 is just the display set for the trophy. The winning team is getting the trophy itself.

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I believe the 50 is just the display set for the trophy. The winning team is getting the trophy itself.

From what I read, the winning team gets the whole thing. They might separate. But, it all goes to the champion.

From the article, the league thought of a gold Lombardi Trophy, but didn't want to give the impression that this trophy was better than the other 49.

I have no qualms about the Conference logos not being present.  They're incredibly secondary in the scheme of important graphics to display (and there are a ton to display).

I'd even go so far as to say no one truly cares about the conferences since it is fairly trivial. It's not an SEC vs. PAC12.

Archived