Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Denver got their endzone painted so much sooner because they might be using the templates from the teams themselves and it took an extra couple days for the Carolia field art to get all the way out to the west coast.

I understand the conference logos go back to the era when it was the AFL vs NFL, however I don't know that they are necessary any longer.  Often the feel nothing more but fillers in end zones at current stadiums for a short team name, an effort to balance out the endzone with often the team logo or shield.  The lack of a conference logo in the endzones doesn't bother me like some, but just like the helmets of years past, there is a nostalgic factor of "The Big Game" associated with it.

Ok maybe I overreacted about the conference logos missing, LOL.  But it seems to be a trend with the end zones, as they seem to get lamer, IMO, each year.

I do love the fact that this game will be OUTSIDE, on grass, and starting during the day. So maybe they'll be some cool sunlight shots of the field that will make it pop on TV.

Still would love to see Denver with an orange end zone.  I like the SB logo designs on the field too. The big NFL shield is nice too.  

28 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Ok maybe I overreacted about the conference logos missing, LOL.  But it seems to be a trend with the end zones, as they seem to get lamer, IMO, each year.

I do love the fact that this game will be OUTSIDE, on grass, and starting during the day. So maybe they'll be some cool sunlight shots of the field that will make it pop on TV.

Still would love to see Denver with an orange end zone.  I like the SB logo designs on the field too. The big NFL shield is nice too.  

I don't think they are boring, but totally agree the inverse on the colors would have been perfect.  Maybe someone could do a mockup for us.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

On 1/27/2016 at 8:48 AM, CreamSoda said:

rJLYzpr.jpg

Can't tell if that is a reverse angle image or if they actually did lay down the stencil for the Broncos in the wrong end zone...

Don't know if it's the same end zone, but the grounds crew botched it up and did both ends for the Broncos. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2612014-super-bowl-grounds-crew-accidentally-paints-2-broncos-end-zones

The navy and black end zones work for the uniform combos both teams will be wearing in SB50. However, had Denver opted for orange and forced Carolina to wear their white uniforms, JUST WOW, this would have been perfect!

CZ4rxy3UAAEKBtg.jpg

(Thanks to pitt6pack for the field template)

6uXNWAo.png

12 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I would be quite opposed to the Panthers and the NFL using a color that isn't part of their scheme...

1000 pardons ,carolina blue for panthers endzone 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The field should look like this.

XXXI.png

Helmets at the 30, SB logo at the 50.

Probably because I grew up with it, this is my favorite SB field template. The helmets in the end zone are a close second. I'd love to see a return to either.

I know why the NFL has decided to put the NFL shield at midfield (branding emphasizing the NFL over any single event), but I hate it. I'd love a return of unique Super Bowl logos at midfield. This year would've been perfect for it, but alas, no dice.

You'd think after the big deal the NFL made about changing the conference logos a few years back that they'd want to keep highlighting them on the SB field, but I guess not.

2 hours ago, Buffalo said:

Why are Broncos wearing White?  The NFC wore Dark last year, shouldn't AFC wear darks this year???

There were stories about this a few days ago if you scroll back. The Broncos are the home team, but they chose to wear white because they've lost all four orange Super Bowls, getting dump-trucked the last three times. Just a bit of superstition.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived