REDESIGNING the NBA - NEW LOGOS FOR ALL 30 TEAMS

mattharveysc

Overall, nice job redesigning all 30 teams. It isn't an easy task I'm sure. It'd be too much to give feedback on each and everyone. The conference logos are an upgrade. The Celtics would look solid on merchandise. The Nets is a step in the right direction. The one that stood out to me as the weakest link is OKC. The colors are not distributed very well, and the fur looks very, very raggedy. The Pelicans, Grizzlies, and Hornets here would also be downgrades in my opinion, but when redesigning a whole league, there's no way to improve upon those logos that are already nearly perfect. That being said, a number of NBA teams could definitely benefit from new logos, and a lot of these are quite clever and outside the box.

Kings and Raptors are the best of the bunch. Realistically, the Kings one has the most potential, maybe for a secondary mark, or primary if placed with a wordmark. Suns are nice too, would like to see a wordmark incorporated. The Magic version, could adopt that as a secondary.

Playoffs, conference, and finals logos are also nice in theory, but I don't see them as an improvement over the current marks.

Been working on a Kings rebrand with exactly the same idea already being put into practice, just executed differently. That's now the second time in a row something like that has happened to me. :( Bad timing!

Sacramento Kings.png

Anyway, nice work. I especially like the Jazz logo! I also have to agree with Greg Hahn that the weakest mark of the set is OKC.

Top 5:

Dallas (It's perfect)

Clippers

Minnesota

Orlando

Phoenix

Also Like:

Atlanta

Boston

Charlotte

Chicago

Denver

Indiana

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Need a basketball incorporated somewhere:

Washington

Portland

Rockets

Bottom 5 (4):

Detroit- I know what you're shooting for, but it comes across looking like a stealth bomber. 

Lakers

Memphis

Cleveland

Jazz is a bit too abstract for my liking, although the potential is there.

Miami, Toronto, Brooklyn and Golden State look too much like soccer logos.   

I feel the Knicks would also be great if you somehow threw the team name in there.

sig.png

The eighth note in the jazz looks a bit too much like a scythe to me.  Also, the minor tweaks to my Bucks are pretty sweet, but I miss a more obvious and pronounced M in the neck in your version.  I don't really know the significance of the shield behind the buck, though, it makes it seem like the buck is dead and hanging on a wall mounted to the black shield.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Archived