Not sure if anyone has seen these, but I managed to find the divisional logos each of the four divisions will use for this weekend's All-Star Game in Nashville.

They were rather small in size as SVGZ files, but I managed to have them blown up and converted into PNGs.

Check 'em out:

ATL_logo.png.25785108aeda736d631b4df8cb4MET_logo.png.c1bd1380644e09f7edaac0ff40cCEN_logo.png.f6208f14beebedf7a8e5d10542ePAC_logo.png.5530072ac2c9c69233c776a882e

So, what do you think? Does it look like something the NHL should do outside of the All-Star Game as well?

Pretty cool ... I really wish the NHL went with its original idea of 4 divisions .. then a mini playoff within  the division to get 4 division winners, then that's the final four for the Stanly cup. Would have been really cool to have rivalries every year in the playoffs and then your Division champ banner really means something.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

They do but as not like what they originally pitched..   I was supposed to be No east vs west at all ..  just 4 individual divisions ... once you get to the final 4 and rerank ... but there is no eastern champ vs western champ   its all about the divisions      For me having a 4th or even 5th place team jump to the other division for playoffs kinda ruins that.   It would be so cool if there was a legitimate Atlantic Division playoffs with an Atlantic Division champion.  And no west vs. east.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

34 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

They do but as not like what they originally pitched..   I was supposed to be No east vs west at all ..  just 4 individual divisions ... once you get to the final 4 and rerank ... but there is no eastern champ vs western champ   its all about the divisions      For me having a 4th or even 5th place team jump to the other division for playoffs kinda ruins that.   It would be so cool if there was a legitimate Atlantic Division playoffs with an Atlantic Division champion.  And no west vs. east.

It would make these useless:
trophy_ccblg.jpg

walestrophy.jpg

zyyMk1d.png

31 minutes ago, clonewars2008 said:

How would they get presented with this said format?

Prince of Wales for the Atlantic, Campbell Bowl for the Central, and two new trophies for the Metropolitan and Pacific.

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Prince of Wales for the Atlantic, Campbell Bowl for the Central, and two new trophies for the Metropolitan and Pacific.

That sounds good to me. There's a lot of odd old trophies that have really strange histories like the O'Brien Cup and the Allan Cup that could also make a comeback, or simply present them to the two top teams and create some reason why who gets what, or its the perfect time to get Orr and Gretzky on trophies...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On January 30, 2016 at 0:12 AM, Ice_Cap said:

How about retiring them altogether? It's not as if the players really want to have anything to do with those trophies anyways. The only one that ought to matter is the Stanley Cup.

1 hour ago, AndrewG70 said:

How about retiring them altogether? It's not as if the players really want to have anything to do with those trophies anyways. The only one that ought to matter is the Stanley Cup.

Too much history to retire them altogether, plus it's always interesting to see what the captain does with it.  Making it to Final round of the hardest tournament to win in sports is a big accomplishment and teams should be awarded a trophy for doing so.  No, they aren't the trophies hockey players are after but that doesn't make them wholly irrelevant.  Players should really drop the superstitious nonsense and enjoy the accomplishment...  Winning the Stanley Cup round has nothing to do with how you celebrate with those trophies...

Archived