The Alternate Super Bowl Uniform thread

CheeseHusker

Too bad to see this thread is dead, but Super Bowl LI features my favorite team the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Green Bay is the home team, so they choose to wear green, obviously.

Simulated thru WhatIfSports, the Steelers win in spectacular fashion, 35-31, with DeAngelo Williams catching 2 touchdowns, including the game winner with 1:00 on the clock. Pittsburgh pulls off their 6th Super Bowl ring, which will lead the NFL as the greatest team championwise in NFL history

.2017_GB_B.png2016_PIT_1.png

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 1/29/2016 at 6:07 PM, Down Under Husker said:

A classic matchup we eventually saw three times in the real thing. I go with Dallas in white here based on an understanding that Washington apparently *chose* red to wear in actual SB VII, which leads me to believe the requirement for the home team to wear color was lifted by this point, which I imagine would have been a relief to Dallas

If this is an alternate universe, then how would the curse of blue jerseys still be there? They weren't in Super Bowl V, unless they lost Super Bowl 1 to Buffalo, but still.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

• 2 months later...

I noticed there was a photo thread happening so it might be a good idea to bring this thread back. I noticed someone went ahead and did LI last year with my Packers missing out again *sob*.

So, Minnesota vs Jacksonville is this year's "almost" edition. I assume the Jags probably wear black but with the recent trend of home teams picking white, who knows? I'm gonna guess they go black on black. I'm also going to guess the purists would probably puke over this matchup.

2017_MIN_B.pngvs 2017_JAX_D.png

On 1/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, Down Under Husker said:

I noticed there was a photo thread happening so it might be a good idea to bring this thread back. I noticed someone went ahead and did LI last year with my Packers missing out again *sob*.

So, Minnesota vs Jacksonville is this year's "almost" edition. I assume the Jags probably wear black but with the recent trend of home teams picking white, who knows? I'm gonna guess they go black on black. I'm also going to guess the purists would probably puke over this matchup.

2017_MIN_B.pngvs 2017_JAX_D.png

Thanks for the mention! ^_^

SIMULATION (with whatifsports.com)

In a battle of premier defenses, the Vikings beat the Jaguars with a Super Bowl home-field advantage, 29-20

HIGHLIGHTS

Kai Forbath kicked 5 field goals from 23 yards to 47 yards,

Stefon Diggs caught a touchdown pass with 15 seconds left in the first half,

Harrison Smith and Chad Greenway lead the Vikings defense with 25 tackles and 3 sacks,

And finally, Case Keenum won the MVP going 14/23 and 213 yards with 2 touchdowns.

So there you go, 2017-2018 is in the books! Now all that is left is the real Super Bowl!

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 1/29/2016 at 8:00 PM, Down Under Husker said:

Super Bowl XXIX: Dallas vs. Pittsburgh

1994_DAL_1.png1994_PIT_2.png

Basically Super Bowl XXX one year early. Nothing unexpected here from a uniform standpoint except for maybe the 75th anniversary patches.

Considering that the 49ers wore their one-off 75th uni @ XXIX & the fact that Dallas wore these throughout the playoffs, I would have expected this uni, instead:

1_f.jpg?4749

14 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Thanks for the mention! ^_^

SIMULATION (with whatifsports.com)

In a battle of premier defenses, the Vikings beat the Jaguars with a Super Bowl home-field advantage, 29-20

HIGHLIGHTS

Kai Forbath kicked 5 field goals from 23 yards to 47 yards,

Stefon Diggs caught a touchdown pass with 15 seconds left in the first half,

Harrison Smith and Chad Greenway lead the Vikings defense with 25 tackles and 3 sacks,

And finally, Case Keenum won the MVP going 14/23 and 213 yards with 2 touchdowns.

So there you go, 2017-2018 is in the books! Now all that is left is the real Super Bowl!

Did Chad Greenway come out of retirement just for the Super Bowl?  

Archived