Why doesn't CCSL have English Premier League logos?

ScubaSteve

If you want the crests from the EPL,Β just download their yearly style guide. Simple Google search should pull it up, would supply a link if I wasn't on mobile!Β 

11 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

If you want the crests from the EPL,Β just download their yearly style guide. Simple Google search should pull it up, would supply a link if I wasn't on mobile!Β 

Β 

A side point: this is the latest example of someone saying that he would do something if he were not on mobile.

Β 

What is this about? I don't know of anything that you can do on a computer that you cannot also do on mobile. Supplying a link is just as simple on mobile as it is on a computer: just copy a URLΒ from the address window, or long-press anΒ image and copy the address that way,Β and then paste it in a response here.

Β 

Sorry for the off-topic digression, but IΒ am really baffled about what people mean when they say that they cannot do something on account of being on mobile.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Depends on the phone and which browser they use. For instance, I still use a Galaxy S3 because I really don't see much of an advantage of paying for a new phone. It does what I need a phone and time-waster to do. I also use Opera Mini to surf the net, which limits some functionality. But, it saves data usage. If I really want to do something, I'll open Firefox or Chrome, but generally go with the low-data alternative.

Β 

And as the next reply mentioned, it's not nearly as simple using a mouse on a laptop or desktop. It also saves him the data usage of tracking down the appropriate files. Which are probably PDF or TIFF files.

Β 

32 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Β 

A side point: this is the latest example of someone saying that he would do something if he were not on mobile.

Β 

What is this about? I don't know of anything that you can do on a computer that you cannot also do on mobile. Supplying a link is just as simple on mobile as it is on a computer: just copy a URLΒ from the address window, or long-press anΒ image and copy the address that way,Β and then paste it in a response here.

Β 

Sorry for the off-topic digression, but IΒ am really baffled about what people mean when they say that they cannot do something on account of being on mobile.

Β 

51 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Why should I google search something on my phone to post a link when he could do it himself just as fast? I gave him the necessary information to find the logos if he was interested in procuring them.Β 

4 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

Β 

Why should I google search something on my phone to post a link when he could do it himself just as fast? I gave him the necessary information to find the logos if he was interested in procuring them.Β 

Β 

That is a different point. I am not saying that you should do that.

Β 

I was only questioning the idea that providing links or posting images is any harder with a mobile phone than with a computer.Β I suppose it depends on the phone, as Sykotyk said. But with my Galaxy S5 I have done both of these things with no noticeable problem.

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Β 

That is a different point. I am not saying that you should do that.

Β 

I was only questioning the idea that providing links or posting images is any harder with a mobile phone than with a computer.Β I suppose it depends on the phone, as Sykotyk said. But with my Galaxy S5 I have done both of these things with no noticeable problem.

Β 

You're correct there. It isΒ easier now, than itΒ was with the old mobile board layout.

The English are much more restrictive about sports team/league intellectual property.Β  If I recall correctly, newspapers (in the UK) can't publish schedules because those are team/league property.Β  You have to get them from an official website or magazine (and I'm not sure if you can legally print it from the website).Β  Also, the right to show highlights are sold like the rights to live/full tape-delayed games.

8 minutes ago, Cleveland Fan said:

The English are much more restrictive about sports team/league intellectual property.Β  If I recall correctly, newspapers (in the UK) can't publish schedules because those are team/league property.Β  You have to get them from an official website or magazine (and I'm not sure if you can legally print it from the website).Β  Also, the right to show highlights are sold like the rights to live/full tape-delayed games.

Β 

Newspapers in the U.K. publish schedules.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/premierleague/fixtures

• IceCap locked this topic

Archived