MLS Kits 2017 (BONUS: 2016 All Star Game kit posted 3/7)

upperV03

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

I really enjoy it. It's different than any other in the league. I especially like the lion on the back. Great work again, upperV!

Thank you very much, timberwolf. I was going for a unique yet simple look, so I'm glad you like it. Portland used the half and half design in their first two seasons, but other than it has really been absent from the league. I figured Orlando could effectively fill that void.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sorry for the delay, but next up I have FC Dallas, who will be due for a new secondary in 2017. The blue and white hooped secondary kit they unveiled last season is really nice, but since they are likely to go back to red and white hoops for the primary kit, I decided to do an all blue secondary for 2017 with tonal hoops. The hoops are not traditional hoops, however, and are actually anything but traditional. Instead, the hoops are jagged and lightning-like as a subtle call out to the old Dallas Burn branding and the lightning-like legs on the original primary logo. White is used as the primary accent color, while red is limited to the team and league logos. C&C is once again welcomed and appreciated, and here you go:

FCD2016.png.263f828639911569f177194e4682

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I bring to you DC United, who will be due for a new secondary kit in 2017. Following the theme of this year's home kit with the new and updated crest, I decided to make an away kit with sublimated hoops that adorn the front of the shirt and the bottom of the back of the shirt. Instead of regular old hoops, however, I decided to use the striping from the Washington D.C. flag and make them into hoops. There are three sets of the D.C. flag-esque stripes, which is a call-out to the old DC United kits with the three horizontal stripes across the chest. The hoops continue only on the bottom of the back of the shirt to form a sublimated D.C. flag, with the three stars above the two horizontal stripes. Red is used on the cuffs and collar, while black is used for all other accents. Also, I know I used the outdated wordmark here for the image, but that is only because I could not find a high quality image of the new one. Anyways, hope you enjoy:

DCU2016.png.7b07a5c8cf14c872d12214ce129e

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

57 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

Love the look of DC, the separated stripes look really good as the flag. Although maybe some red shorts instead of black?

Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it. And i do think red shorts would look good with this kit, but since NYRB are their big rivals it doesn't seem right to me for DC to have a white/red/white option. The black shorts I used are simply the black shorts of the primary kit that could be used as an alternate to the white shorts if needed.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

I love it. I like the hidden stars under the number.

Thanks, timberwolf. That's my favorite part of the kit as well. I'll likely have Houston up next in the coming days, but I might decide to switch it up and do another team, I'm not sure.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

Really like DC United. Big fan of the sublimated stripes.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it.

51 minutes ago, MrRockyTop16 said:

These are all really good! You can tell you put a lot of effort and time into these.

Thanks, I appreciate you saying that, and I appreciate the fact that you can see the time and effort I put into these concepts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

I really like all of these except Orlando. I think a deeper shade of gold would be better. But overall it is still very good. Looking forward to what you do with Montreal and Vancouver

I do agree with what you said about the deeper shade of gold, but I am using the actual team colors for these concepts to ensure they are as realistic as possible. But thank you for the C&C!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

51 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I do agree with what you said about the deeper shade of gold, but I am using the actual team colors for these concepts to ensure they are as realistic as possible. But thank you for the C&C!

Ah ok. Will you also make jerseys for some expansion teams?

52 minutes ago, ThatsSoSpursy said:

Ah ok. Will you also make jerseys for some expansion teams?

Yes, I am planning on making kits for Atlanta and probably Minnesota since they are set to debut in 2017. I probably won't make kits for LAFC because this thread is strictly for the 2017 season at the moment, which is why I have and will be doing only one kit for each of the current clubs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up I have the Houston Dynamo, who will be unveiling a new primary kit in 2017. I had a previous MLS kit thread that I never finished awhile back, and so the idea for this kit in large part came from the Dynamo kit I made around 8 or 9 months ago. After unveiling a primary kit with a gradient pattern on the front last season, I decided to keep things simple this go round. A sublimated sunburst graphic is visible under the crest and extends out to the middle of the shirt, while the rest of the kit is quite simple and classic. Light blue and white trim is on the cuffs and collar, while all sponsor logos and names/numbers are white. White shorts (with orange as an alternative) and orange socks complete the look. C&C is once again welcomed and appreciated, and here you go:

Dynamo2016.png.5ba8478a5bed8da5b39bc5e96

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived