Elmira Jackals logo concept

ZionEagle

Well, I'm back to logo working after a long dry spell.

I decided I wanted to take a crack at the Elmira Jackals logo, mainly because I feel the current one, although good in design, looks more like a wolf and less like a jackal.

This was my first attempt, but I didn't like a few things, so I changed it a bit, reworking edges etc.

First attempt:

VYyDqNI.png

I also felt it was lacking aggressiveness, so I tried to work that into the second try.

Second Attempt:

g9ljGPP.png

I also made a alternate logo, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

FN5g6uF.png

Here is the logo,alt, wordmark together.

MlMLW9a.png

And I also did a jersey just for fun, even though it sucks, so I could see the logo on a jersey.

1SWheWM.png

Feel free to fire pointers and criticism.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

I'll try to get nitpicky since you're clearly a talented designer and this is fantastic overall... I think the red around the mouth should meet somewhere in the middle of logo #1 and #2. I like that there's more direction/definition in #2, but I also like the simplicity in #1. The best of both worlds might be reducing the total number of spikes out from 10 to maybe 4-6... I would also smoothen out and maybe even reduce the dip in the dark blue section that wraps around the eye, it looses a bit of its sharpness/pop as it drifts downward.

Again, a fantastic job overall, and I really like the way the red pops with this color scheme.

Archived