Palladia is now MTV Live

kmccarthy27

26 minutes ago, Sportscenter said:

That's a big downgrade.  Viacom is on a rebranding kick and so far it hasn't been postive.

Let's see...Nick changed it up some years ago, MTV's got shorter, their Jams and Soul video channels got rebranded to belong to BET, Paramount changed it up for lasting a century...what else is next?

I wouldn't be surprised if MTV completely redesigns it's logo, let alone go with a new name in the same direction they are heading now.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I remember when MTV2 came out, was supposed to be music videos, all the time. Within a year or so, it just started showing rejected MTV trash. Like I said, I don't know Palladia's original premise, but the fact this logo is moving it into the MTV brand tells me it's just gonna be another waste of time showing garbage.

Granted, I guess YouTube has kind of killed off the need for a music video channel.

9 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I remember when MTV2 came out, was supposed to be music videos, all the time. Within a year or so, it just started showing rejected MTV trash. Like I said, I don't know Palladia's original premise, but the fact this logo is moving it into the MTV brand tells me it's just gonna be another waste of time showing garbage.

Granted, I guess YouTube has kind of killed off the need for a music video channel.

Palladia was a channel dedicated to live music performances and/or concerts. I barely watched it..and I guess others did too. Obviously, this is the old "stick your name on top" way of getting people to tune in. As for music videos on TV, well, it's just sad. Ten years ago, I'd binge the MTV Hits channel and its sister channels that do 24/7 music videos just to enjoy music while getting a glimpse at (hopefully) quality videos. Now a days, that's just not gonna happen for me. I'd rather listen to a song 10 times on Spotify than play it with its music video running on YouTube. Hell, do the casual people in this world even care for music videos anymore?

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

13 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

That's a big downgrade.  Viacom is on a rebranding kick and so far it hasn't been postive.

What other stuff have they rebranded?  The article I mentioned said they were but when I looked at the list of networks on wiki nothing showed up anything different. 

13 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if MTV completely redesigns it's logo, let alone go with a new name in the same direction they are heading now.

MTV has too much of a strong historic branding associated with it for them to change.  Thats like saying the Red Sox are going to rebrand. 

• 4 weeks later...

I hardly ever watch Palladia live, but it's one of my more recorded channels. Once a month or so I'll give an extended look through their guide and record future programmings of concerts that look interesting. It creates a pretty solid ready-to-watch concert list after a while. 

Archived