After seeing a depiction of the Blackhawks logo in JUST black, white and red on Corey Crawford's mask, I wonder if a jersey could be made with that logo.  I decided to look through the Blackhawks jersey history to see if anything could work. I chose the 1928 jersey with a few changes...

1. Most obvious, the insertion of red into the jersey color scheme.

2. The large collection of stripes on the should has now be condensed into a repeat of the sleeve stripes.

3. I actually like it when a team can put logos on their sleeves instead of their shoulders. Not that it always works, but when they do it well, it works great.

4. I actually think this looks well with no waist stripes at all. I tried putting the sleeve stripes across the waist but they were too huge and too cluttered and left almost no room for the jersey name and number.

What do you think?

Blackhawks-001.thumb.png.8dbdd12e9cd8933

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I can get behind this.  Maybe some thin striping following the hem's contour would work here though, but given what I figure would normally be the hem striping is on the yoke, this works fine as it is.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

First off, the logo looks absolutely spectacular with that reduced palette.  Sleeve stripes are something wholly different but in a good way.  My only recommendation echoes the last poster...  It needs hem stripes desperately.  Solid look overall.

Frylock: yes I did yesterday, but was only able to issue a reply about an hour ago.

I decided to add some waist striping.  I took a nod from the Flyers third jersey where I would put the sleeve stripes on the waist, but remove the bottom stripe.  I find it fits without being too cluttered, but what do you all think?

Blackhawks-002.png

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived