New Premier League logo

JQK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, rohlfyboy said:

Apparently the arm badges will look like this. I don't like this at all. There's too much blank space and the curved text just looks off.

Jw6ciQr.jpg?1

Is that official? Because from what I've read, it's just a mock up of what it COULD look like. Which I hope is true. 

Concerning the arm badges, I wonder what the lion head would look like inside the old pentagon outline? Use nothing but the lion head inside, and keep some continuity with the pentagon shaped background. It may create some issues with the negative space, but I think I'd like that better than a circle. 

They had issues with blank space in the last one. 

I'd like to see them embroider or heat-transfer the lion alone directly on to the sleeves.  They could choose a contrasting color for each shirt.  

Like MLS, customizing the color of the logo to each team.  And no need for a circle outline or even text. 

I like the lion head but not much else about the new logo. The purple color's a little too out of left field, I don't like the font choice, and the patch application (if that's the real deal) looks too much like something for an amateur league than one of the biggest leagues in the world. Not to mention the circle and purple is going to clash with a ton of kits around the league. The Champions League patch works because it's black and white even though it's circular. This one doesn't based on that mockup.

Personally, I would've kept the sponsorless logo they've got now

premier-league-logo-vector-200x200.png

That being said, they've got a good thing going with the new lion head so hopefully they center everything around that instead of the wordmark.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• 10 months later...

Now that we've seen them in action, I've found an instance where I like the new logo much, much better than the old: on the refs.

4851872-e1476635579346.jpg

4844820-e1476635257253.jpg

That's gorgeous.  Simple, bold.  Doesn't need any lettering.

I really wish they would use that on the sleeves of players, instead of the circle-version.  Use the dark-crown version for clubs with white or light-colored sleeves like Arsenal or West Ham.

p1avo8h2ea1fj415ke1mhroek12f6p.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Now that we've seen them in action, I've found an instance where I like the new logo much, much better than the old: on the refs.

I really wish they would use that on the sleeves of players, instead of the circle-version.  Use the dark-crown version for clubs with white or light-colored sleeves like Arsenal or West Ham.

Exactly this! The outline looks significantly better and should be the go to starting next year. Of course the right sleeves will now have adverts as well so we'll only have to deal with this one side of the shirts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Right.  The circle robs the lion's head of its impact. 

And the lettering, a modern sans serif font, clashes badly in tone with a classically-inspired image such as that.

Image result for chelsea 2017 match

The lion's head alone would be a fine logo for the players as well as for the officials.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Uglybus said:

What if the Premier League pulled an MLS and gave each team a different colored lion?

Most leagues keep a limit on colors for the logos so I think anyone other than MLB & MLS would sign off on this. With the possibility of striping on sleeves it could help the logos stand out more.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...

Update, just so this doesn't get lost in the megathread: the Premier League unveiled the new number set that will accompany this logo going forward.

PL_Shirts_2017_Lead.png

There will be five approved colorways: white with black details and black, navy, red, and yellow; all with white details.

PL_Shirts_2017_Article_Image.png

all-new-2017-18-premier-league-kit-font+

Here's the full set:

all-new-2017-18-premier-league-kit-font.png

I like that they're using the lion head on its own here.  That really should be the default.

18 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

So... You?

Anyways, I forgot to mention above that I think the badge looks good. It's probably just me, though.

What do you mean, I am not new and have not posted anything bad on the boards that would require that incredibly rude response to my comment

AwvgSX4.png

Archived