Buffalo Bills logo

FGWB

I sketched up this idea months ago and never worked on it. I had some time tonight, so I present to you my custom logo.

The basis for this concept was to try and modernize our beloved charging bison logo while keeping the same elements. Also, it resembles the shape of a B, for obvious reasons. It may also resemble the infamous Sabres slug as well, but I hope it's not as off-putting. So here it is.

Don't hold back with the criticism and comments, I can handle it.

Go Bills.

billslogo(S).pngtyrodmock.jpg.ddb76c1e916410aa93215e8f14

bufg.png

i think its really cool ...   stick with the Blue version -- red and white arent doing it for me.   Its way too big on your helmet mock up though,  everything else I like a lot.

One suggestion would be to tilt it forward a bit .. might look like it was charging more and even moreso make it look like a B.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I didn't like it until I saw it on Tyrod, which made me miss our old red helmets with the giant logos... the darker border around the blue ties in well with the same dark blue around the uniform numbers... the one thing I really like about the current logo is how they've managed to put decent emphasis on the "Bills" moniker, which is really tough to convey without a cartoon cowboy. I feel like this logo reduces the presence/impact of the "Bills" part of the logo and shifts it more towards the "Buffalo" part, which isn't a bad thing, but strips some of the charm from the current logo.

12 minutes ago, MrWonka said:

As a Buffalo native the only thing that is a big no no would be that it would receive a lot of Buffaslug 2.0 hatred. 

Yeah there are similarities between them, like the arch on the bottom of the bison. Overall it looks good.

78i78o78.png

banner.pngvirginia-tech-state-silhouette-decal-9.png10574358_10153800658784905_4912776899242569995_n.jpg

20 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

the one thing I really like about the current logo is how they've managed to put decent emphasis on the "Bills" moniker, which is really tough to convey without a cartoon cowboy. I feel like this logo reduces the presence/impact of the "Bills" part of the logo and shifts it more towards the "Buffalo" part.

Not sure what you mean here. The only thing missing from the current logo with this one are the legs. So I have no idea what you mean by the current logo conveys "Bills."

But thank you all for the comments thus far.

bufg.png

I would say that the head and shoulders are too round and smooth for a bison.  They look bald rather than furry.  Not sure how to adjust that to add texture to it, but perhaps look at some images of bison to see if there is perhaps a shape modification or a way to convey the wool they have. 

vintage-bison-head-mount_0.jpg

Screen-Shot-2012-05-04-at-12.31.08-PM.pn

19 minutes ago, FGWB said:

Not sure what you mean here. The only thing missing from the current logo with this one are the legs. So I have no idea what you mean by the current logo conveys "Bills."

The actual "bill" on your logos is drastically different. On the current logo, the bill shooting off the horn is the central focal point of the current logo that cuts through and extends beyond the buffalo. Your logos shift emphasis to the buffalo and away from the bill. In different ways, Miami and Kansas City also do great jobs of balancing the city name with the actual franchise name in their logos.

Just a personal branding pet peeve that roots back to the last two Sabres primaries being buffalo heads with no "Sabres" imagery. The delicate balance of the buffalo and the bill in the current logo is the kind of attention to detail that helps a logo survive the times unchanged.

43 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

the one thing I really like about the current logo is how they've managed to put decent emphasis on the "Bills" moniker, which is really tough to convey without a cartoon cowboy. I feel like this logo reduces the presence/impact of the "Bills" part of the logo and shifts it more towards the "Buffalo" part.

6 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

The actual "bill" shooting off the horn is the central focal point of the current logo that cuts through and extends beyond the buffalo. Your logos put more emphasis on the buffalo and less on the bill. In different ways, Miami and Kansas City also do great jobs of balancing the city name with the actual franchise name in their logos.

Just a personal branding pet peeve that roots back to the last two Sabres primaries being buffalo heads with no "Sabres" imagery.

It's a stripe to suggest forward motion. Not a "bill," whatever that means. 

bufg.png

19 hours ago, FGWB said:

It's a stripe to suggest forward motion. Not a "bill," whatever that means. 

I always thought of it as a "bill" like the bill of a hat - yes, a stripe conveying motion, but cutting through the blue and past the body as the obvious focal point of the logo. Regardless of the semantics, the movement of the stripe in this logo loses the power in the original. I like the idea of a darkened border and better defining the face area like you have, but a lot of what makes the current Bills logo "work" has been lost in this logo. Something that integrates the shape/form of the current logo with your changes could be a home run

Archived