deked73

I had this concept pop into my mind when I was thinking of making a logo for my younger brother based on his old nickname Argo. Initially I was going to call them Jason's Argos but it evolved into the semi-pro Marathon Argos in Marathon, Ontario in the fictious GLHA (Great Lakes Hockey Association). I do plan on submitting this to the Hockeyjerseyconcepts.

I created the main crest from a sketch i made of a ship based on pics I found online of ancient Greek bireme and trireme ships and artist's renderings of the Argo itself. The Spartan style helmet I had a more MSU style helmet, but I found this and used it to create my own. Spartan warrior helmet.The pants and shoulder patch logo is my design with M for Marathon the striping pattern from the jerseys which is taken from ancient Greek patterns. The midnight blue and aqua tones I used from colors that may have been prominent in ancient Greece I came across while looking online. The gold color to tie in with the story of Jason and the Argonauts with the search for the golden fleece. 

Sponsor logo is from Shaw telecommunications from that area of Ontario. The GLHA logo is my own design I did use the shield and the wave like design on the Maritime Junior Hockey League logo as a basis for that league logo.

Any comments and critiques welcome.

Argos hockey concept2.png

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived