chrisCLEMENT

Northern Football Association (AFA) - 1981

Recommended Posts

JH42XCC    44

Pretty sad it had to end just as it was about to get interesting. But it was fun while it lasted.

 

Think there's going to be a replacement league for the NFA anytime soon?

 

And if so, will it be using Canadian-style rules, American-style rules, or a hybrid of both? Also, who's going to run this new league? And will any of the teams be carried over from the NFA to this new league?

 

But the more important question... What's going to happen to the Canadian Football Protection Act?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisCLEMENT    635
On 1/30/2017 at 7:27 AM, JH42XCC said:

Pretty sad it had to end just as it was about to get interesting. But it was fun while it lasted.

 

Think there's going to be a replacement league for the NFA anytime soon?

 

And if so, will it be using Canadian-style rules, American-style rules, or a hybrid of both? Also, who's going to run this new league? And will any of the teams be carried over from the NFA to this new league?

 

But the more important question... What's going to happen to the Canadian Football Protection Act?

 

I've been disappointed with my decision to leave the universe almost immediately after making it. So after a week or so of consideration, plus the addition of this new subforum, I've decided to retract my statement of the NFA ceasing operations. Instead, I'd like to put the league on a creative hiatus, per say, while I work with @Veras to determine what options I have for rebooting. 

 

Not sure if that means restarting or creating a new league in my own universe or skipping a couple seasons then rejoining Veras in the AFA universe. That's something we will have to talk thru together. We will keep you posted! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Comet    35
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, chrisCLEMENT said:

 

Not sure if that means restarting or creating a new league in my own universe or skipping a couple seasons then rejoining Veras in the AFA universe. That's something we will have to talk thru together. We will keep you posted! 

 

My best guess is having a player's strike after Reggie Hart leaves Vancouver for Cincinnati. The players see an opportunity to leave for America if they're good enough and want a financial incentive to stay in Canada versus going to America. The owners don't want to pay the players more citing how financial difficulties brought down the CFA and thus the two interests wipe out the 1981 season leaving you to focus on 1982. Just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisCLEMENT    635
On 2/12/2017 at 8:41 AM, nick_crenshaw82 said:

I think the second opinion is better, quicker, and more realistic and could be worked into the narrative for the AFA.

 

On 2/12/2017 at 0:17 PM, Red Comet said:

 

My best guess is having a player's strike after Reggie Hart leaves Vancouver for Cincinnati. The players see an opportunity to leave for America if they're good enough and want a financial incentive to stay in Canada versus going to America. The owners don't want to pay the players more citing how financial difficulties brought down the CFA and thus the two interests wipe out the 1981 season leaving you to focus on 1982. Just my two cents.

 

After speaking with @Veras this weekend, it was decided that it would be in the best interest of the narrative for the NFA to run the 1981 season. Since I am behind right now, I will be simulating the 1981 season but the narrative will be very abbreviated than the last couple of seasons. I am working out the kinks that led to me throwing in the towel a couple weeks ago to keep the work load as light as possible while still providing me the ability to have complete control over the league. Stay tuned! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chrisCLEMENT    635
17 minutes ago, Darknes said:

I know we have the 81 Season to worry about, what about your Expansion teams?

 

They will begin play in '82 as originally planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JH42XCC    44

Well, this is unexpected! The NFA shuts down operations, but after a week, it somehow resumes operations.

 

Crazy, isn't it?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JH42XCC    44
10 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

I think the leauge is dead

 

It's been dead for a long time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now