2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Well, if he needed roids that badly, then his career probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. 

In other news, new pitchers helmetvisors! 

i.jpg

Seriously, why don't they just give the pitchers the same helmets the base coaches wear? They can't be any more wonky and intrusive than these ridiculous things. 

Those helmets looked like if we are crossing into Softball territory. 

if anyone has any questions about my thoughts on baseball season or in general feel free to direct them to PM's.

I will continue to post in the lounge, but my hope is not to make a single real post in this thread for the near future.

The reason is becuase it is my hope that all of my writings this year are featured exclusively on The Hardball Times.

I am currently wrapping up my second article for the site which will be up sometime in the next two weeks, most likely next week.

If anyone is interested in a research project, I have submitted two presentation proposals to give at the SABR 46 convention in Miami this July. I am only doing one of them. For one the research is all done and it would be merely a matter of writing an article to describe it. I don't need help with that. But the other one I probably will. I haven't done any of the research required to answer my abstract, nor am I certain of what the results would be. The only thing I will say about it at this time is that it will be a study of modern baseball. You do not need to know anything about 1950's baseball to understand this.

To give you an example of the significance of this, it is entirely possible for someone like John Thorn the head MLB historian to be sitting in on this presentation. Those are the type of people that come to this convention.

You may have the possibility to be part of this. If you help me you will be given an acknowledgement. Last year I cited nine individual people. Bill James was one of them, another was my fiancé. It's anyone who I feel significantly helped me out and if you help me you will be listed. If you live in the Miami area and are interested you could even see me give the presentation in person.

If I could pay you to help me I would, but as it is this is research that is done for free.

If this situation comes up I will let the board know in April.

I will post links to my articles on The Hardball Times if and when they come out. (I honestly don't know the number. It could be one. It could be ten.) But aside from informing the board of whether or not I would like this research help, these will be my only posts in this thead.

As for my proposed website at this time it is still very much a back burner project that won't be launched for quite some time. I will let people know as well if and when that situation changes.

59 minutes ago, CS85 said:

For your consideration, Barry Bonds in 2016:

He's a moron.  Taking drugs because he was jealous of McGwire & Sosa so he could share the spotlight... in return for null & voiding his entire legacy by way of killing his HOF chances.

He could've been the cleanest superstar of the era instead of Frank Thomas.  He could've had infinite spotlight for the rest of his life.  

As for the HR record he set, no one counts it as canon anyways.  Thus he is a moron.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

2 hours ago, 2001mark said:

He's a moron.  Taking drugs because he was jealous of McGwire & Sosa so he could share the spotlight... in return for null & voiding his entire legacy by way of killing his HOF chances.

He could've been the cleanest superstar of the era instead of Frank Thomas.  He could've had infinite spotlight for the rest of his life.  

As for the HR record he set, no one counts it as canon anyways.  Thus he is a moron.

Meh...Bonds went up against juicing pitchers.  It was a fair fight.

Archived