2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

As per the Hardball Times.

A.png

Fun fact about the Rangers, 10 of my 25 selections for the active roster were born outside of the mainland United States.

The two articles I wrote about the Orioles and Red Sox have been the two most commented on articles on the Hardball Times in that timespan. Considering the site features people who do this sort of stuff for a living it means a lot to me and hopefully I can maintain this momentum.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The Dee Gordon home run was an incredible moment. 

No doubt, but i believe the good Bartolo Colon was not focused enough, as well as the whole Mets team. Very unfortunate they had to play such an important game on such an special night. Most away teams will lose a game like this.  

Two Worlds:

1.  Chicago Cubs extend Theo Epstein for 5 years; fans rejoice

2.  Chicago White Sox threaten to extend lame duck Robin Ventura, but on the condition that he wants to return, all in the likelihood that he'll resign at their insistence in some awkward face-saving "one of our own" thing that the Sox/Reinsdorf insists on doing

2a.  White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton insists that the team should try to bring back the same roster next season in the belief that they can make more exciting headlines beyond their ace hacking up alternate uniforms

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Tom Thibodeau goes 116 games above .500 over five years, gets fired and trash-talked by Bulls media pawns and even Reinsdorf himself on the way out. Robin Ventura goes 59 under .500 over five years and Reinsdorf has to Jedi-mind-trick Ventura into quitting because he was good at third base once.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

2a.  White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton insists that the team should try to bring back the same roster next season in the belief that they can make more exciting headlines beyond their ace hacking up alternate uniforms

Wait...he's talking about the White Sox roster, right? 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 9/28/2016 at 8:17 AM, pmoehrin said:

MOD EDIT

Really great stuff, as is a great deal of the content you post here. You're always good for a fascinating, well-written post!

Its really intriguing when when you look at Adrian Beltre and see just how great his career really has been. I don't know of many other athletes who've knocked on the door of the kind of milestones he's approaching with so little publicity to the point of approaching them almost sneakily. Though before my time, I assume it's kind of like Don Sutton I guess; just consistently and quietly did his job until one day you woke up, grabbed the paper and was like "oh wow, that guy could win #300 tonight?"

But what's crazy is that Beltre could possibly get 3,000 hits and 500 HR's; he does that, and he'll be in pretty elite company. He may not have the rings or the publicity or star power, but should he get that far in the record books, it's going to be extremely difficult (for me at least) to look back on him and not consider him one of the best players of my generation.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

19 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Wait...he's talking about the White Sox roster, right? 

Right, which makes his comments even more bafflingly dopey. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

39 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Really great stuff, as is a great deal of the content you post here. You're always good for a fascinating, well-written post!

Its really intriguing when when you look at Adrian Beltre and see just how great his career really has been. I don't know of many other athletes who've knocked on the door of the kind of milestones he's approaching with so little publicity to the point of approaching them almost sneakily. Though before my time, I assume it's kind of like Don Sutton I guess; just consistently and quietly did his job until one day you woke up, grabbed the paper and was like "oh wow, that guy could win #300 tonight?"

But what's crazy is that Beltre could possibly get 3,000 hits and 500 HR's; he does that, and he'll be in pretty elite company. He may not have the rings or the publicity or star power, but should he get that far in the record books, it's going to be extremely difficult (for me at least) to look back on him and not consider him one of the best players of my generation.

I appreciate the feedback but I rather this posted in the comments section of the article as opposed to this board. The thread is supposed to be about the current MLB season and I don't want to sidetrack that with comments about something I'm doing outside of this site.

I'm glad your enjoying the series and I'm more than happy to continue this conversation through the Hardball Times site.

17 minutes ago, pmoehrin said:

I appreciate the feedback but I rather this posted in the comments section of the article as

opposed to this board. The thread is supposed to be about the current MLB season and I don't want to sidetrack that with comments about something I'm doing outside of this site.

I'm glad your enjoying the series and I'm more than happy to continue this conversation through the Hardball Times site.

Ah I totally understand, my mistake! I'll be happy to carry it on over there as well! :) 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

How in the absolute :censored: is Craig Kimbrel's ERA only 2.65? If you asked me before checking it, I would have guessed, at the very minimum, it was 4.50. This guy simply cannot come into the game without giving up a run. I'm 99% confident that he has paid people to fudge those numbers. They cannot be true. Where on God's green Earth is Ramiro Mendoza when you need him?!

Sox lose on a walkoff Grand Slam. Win the division and are currently celebrating in the lockerroom (which is stupid to begin with.) What a weird friggin' night. Farrell should be saying "Thank :censored: for the Orioles because Kimbrel sure as hell tried his best to make sure this celebration didn't happen."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

17 minutes ago, Brass said:

How in the absolute :censored: is Craig Kimbrel's ERA only 2.65? If you asked me before checking it, I would have guessed, at the very minimum, it was 4.50. This guy simply cannot come into the game without giving up a run. I'm 99% confident that he has paid people to fudge those numbers. They cannot be true. Where on God's green Earth is Ramiro Mendoza when you need him?!

Sox lose on a walkoff Grand Slam. Win the division and are currently celebrating in the lockerroom (which is stupid to begin with.) What a weird friggin' night. Farrell should be saying "Thank :censored: for the Orioles because Kimbrel sure as hell tried his best to make sure this celebration didn't happen."

Things you never would have expected to hear in 2012.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

This Reds-Cardinals series is my World Series. 

Joey Votto's second half needs some national attention. If his first half had been as good as his second half we'd be talking about him cracking .400 right now. This guy is so good it's honestly the one thing that keeps me tuning in in this stupid baseball season. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

49 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Gee, thanks. I sure hope us commoners is smart enough to talk baseball with you. :rolleyes:

Then allow me to apologize to anyone who may have been offended by that wording.

I don't know what your problem is with me, all I know is you clearly have one and it's bothering you way more than its bothering me. It's not the first, the second, the third or even the fourth time you've called me out like this, but I know the same can be said for other members as well and I don't see too many other people calling me out like this. Just you. That's how I know your the one with the problem. Not me.

1 hour ago, pmoehrin said:

Then allow me to apologize to anyone who may have been offended by that wording.

I don't know what your problem is with me, all I know is you clearly have one and it's bothering you way more than its bothering me. It's not the first, the second, the third or even the fourth time you've called me out like this, but I know the same can be said for other members as well and I don't see too many other people calling me out like this. Just you. That's how I know your the one with the problem. Not me.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Now I wasn't exactly the biggest supporter of what Matt Kemp would do for these Braves, but damn if his acquisition didn't jump-start this team.  Freddie Freeman has been incredible this season, even before his lineup protection came to town.  For the first time in a couple years, this Braves team has more answers than questions.  They now have a crowded outfield (one of Inciarte or Markakis are the two most likely to be dealt in the offseason), Dansby is ready for permanent residence, and a ton of arms in the minors and those already here ready to get sorted out.  They should be able to play .500 baseball next season....with an outside shot at the playoffs.

The 2015 and 2016 Braves will both finish with about 67 wins, but I couldn't feel more different about them.

7 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Ding ding ding ding ding!

Now I wasn't exactly the biggest supporter of what Matt Kemp would do for these Braves, but damn if his acquisition didn't jump-start this team.  Freddie Freeman has been incredible this season, even before his lineup protection came to town.  For the first time in a couple years, this Braves team has more answers than questions.  They now have a crowded outfield (one of Inciarte or Markakis are the two most likely to be dealt in the offseason), Dansby is ready for permanent residence, and a ton of arms in the minors and those already here ready to get sorted out.  They should be able to play .500 baseball next season....with an outside shot at the playoffs.

The 2015 and 2016 Braves will both finish with about 67 wins, but I couldn't feel more different about them.

Just sweep the Tigers this weekend.  Next year will take care of itself.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived