• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:
18 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Image result for kenyon martin nets

These jerseys are at least in my top-3 of all time. I also loved the red version.

Well, I must say that I disliked the red uniforms.  That was a latter-day addition.  This set properly had a blue road version and a grey version.

kidd martin blue.jpg  Kidd Martin grey.jpg

That red uniform was a out of step with team history, and even a slap at it, as the Nets on the road had always been blue, not red.

julius_erving_1973_01_01.jpg Albert-King-e1329164097104.jpg nba_nets_11.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

14 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Kind of like what they have now? :upside:

NO.  I know what the intent was with the current Suns look, but I think it falls way short of being anywhere near as good as the sunburst set.  Admittedly, I don't really know what else I'd do to make it better.  The only other idea I have would be to try and combine the sunburst and the old western font in some way.

1 hour ago, Discogod said:

The Nets used red uniforms in the ABA, before they used the iconic stars & stripe design, so there was some kind of precident. 

While that is technically true...

Nets 69-72 Road Jersey Bill Melchionni.jpg

...the purpose of the latter-day red uniforms was not to link to the team's past but rather to break all such links in preparation for a move.  

Those uniforms came with the removal of "New Jersey" from the uniform's front and from the court.  Also, the lettering on the on-screen score bug on their broadcasts went from "NJ" to "NETS".

So those red uniforms left a sour taste.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

22 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Rumor has it that NIKE is overhauling a whole lot of teams!!

Souirce?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, I must say that I disliked the red uniforms.  That was a latter-day addition.  This set properly had a blue road version and a grey version.

kidd martin blue.jpg  Kidd Martin grey.jpg

That red uniform was a out of step with team history, and even a slap at it, as the Nets on the road had always been blue, not red.

julius_erving_1973_01_01.jpg Albert-King-e1329164097104.jpg nba_nets_11.jpg

I was always rather ambivalent about the home uniforms in the late-90's-2000's Nets set - I wasn't a big fan of the "Nets" wordmark or the double outline - but I absolutely loved those two "New Jersey" blue and gray jerseys. The side panels on all three of those uniforms were a thing of beauty (I would've preferred gray side panels on the navy jersey, but it looked regardless.

My favorite part of that identity? The side panels were replicated along the paint on their home court. Such a great little touch.

ete06ia989lyvxii153bkb9ws.gif

11 hours ago, kroywen said:

I was always rather ambivalent about the home uniforms in the late-90's-2000's Nets set - I wasn't a big fan of the "Nets" wordmark or the double outline - but I absolutely loved those two "New Jersey" blue and gray jerseys. The side panels on all three of those uniforms were a thing of beauty (I would've preferred gray side panels on the navy jersey, but it looked regardless.

My favorite part of that identity? The side panels were replicated along the paint on their home court. Such a great little touch.

ete06ia989lyvxii153bkb9ws.gif

I'm getting nostalgic over all this Nets love!!  By far my favorite set of all time, court too. I'm a homer and not afraid to admit it plus it's nice to see my Nets get some love for once.

- this court was very underrated at the time and the worst part of the move to Newark for two seasons imo was using the bs court with gray side panels. So lame and drab. 

FWIW - most NJ Nets fans hate the red because that's when they started to distance themselves from NJ. Scrapped all the "New Jersey" jerseys and "NJ" logo (which as MY favorite part of the whole identity). The red jersey really left a sour taste to Nets fans but tbh I LOVED them when they came out because they started as only the replacement to the gray and we still had our blue NJ jerseys. The red at the time was really cool because it embraced the Nets name on the road for the first time in a long time (maybe ever, not sure off top of my head). It really got old fast when they scrapped the blue. 

38 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

I'm getting nostalgic over all this Nets love!!  By far my favorite set of all time, court too. I'm a homer and not afraid to admit it plus it's nice to see my Nets get some love for once.

- this court was very underrated at the time and the worst part of the move to Newark for two seasons imo was using the bs court with gray side panels. So lame and drab. 

FWIW - most NJ Nets fans hate the red because that's when they started to distance themselves from NJ. Scrapped all the "New Jersey" jerseys and "NJ" logo (which as MY favorite part of the whole identity). The red jersey really left a sour taste to Nets fans but tbh I LOVED them when they came out because they started as only the replacement to the gray and we still had our blue NJ jerseys. The red at the time was really cool because it embraced the Nets name on the road for the first time in a long time (maybe ever, not sure off top of my head). It really got old fast when they scrapped the blue. 

"NETS" was on the road jersey during the mid-to-late 80s and most of the 90s.

FILE+Profile+New+Jersey+Brooklyn+Nets+SK

0175ae214aed72529e372c96b3af2a38.jpg

nba_nets_11.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived