"Golden State Warriors" sounds like some obscure Division III team. It's a truly awful name for a team (worse than the New England Patriots - at least New England is a place name). "San Francisco Warriors" is far more professional, and has some history behind it - I really hope the Warriors don't use this recent run of success to keep themselves saddled with an awful college-esque name.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 23, 2016 at 0:33 AM, kroywen said:

"Golden State Warriors" sounds like some obscure Division III team. It's a truly awful name for a team (worse than the New England Patriots - at least New England is a place name). "San Francisco Warriors" is far more professional, and has some history behind it - I really hope the Warriors don't use this recent run of success to keep themselves saddled with an awful college-esque name.

I have to respectfully disagree.  I think it's a cool sounding, unique name.  It rolls off the toungue.  I have no issues with regional or state names used in place of a city.  Perhaps I'd feel differently if I resided in a major league town. :)

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

2 hours ago, YessSir32 said:

From the Pistons intro video last night. Doubt anything comes from it, but a simplistic version would make an amazing secondary. Anyone agree?

ZpKBuiV.jpg

I definitely agree, it'd be badass.

34 minutes ago, hokupguy said:

not sure if your talking about ball logo and or the skull involved. But I think the name in the ball is the why there going , doubt the league would ok any logo with a skull. But it is cool logo.

I don't see why they'd be against it. The NFL let the Buccaneers use a skull in their logo, and I'm sure there are college teams that use skulls in their logos too.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

17 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I've thought about it for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that Golden State is a terrible name. San Francisco, in my opinion, should be able to work as the body of water they're next to is called the "San Francisco Bay". Even if people in Oakland think it's associated with the city, it can also be associated with the Bay Area as a whole. Plus they're a professional basketball team, not a University.

After 40+ years, I think most folks are used to "Golden State", and I think they might alienate Oakland fans more if they were to change the name when they move across the bay.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On February 17, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Bucfan56 said:

Ewww, no. If there's one team that should NOT return to powder/baby blue, it's the Kings. Those blue kings teams were unequivocally terrible and about as forgettable as any sports team ever. And that primary logo they used is absolute garbage. Every single thing about the update to purple, black, and silver was an upgrade. 

Warriors did a survey/study a few years back, and the overwhelming majority of those asked viewed replacing the Golden State moniker with San Francisco very negatively. It is very popular with fans. The team would definitely be alienating fans in the east bay, as well as South Bay, north bay and all other surrounding communities. Doesn't seem like it would be a big deal from an outsider's view, but we take it pretty personally. Well, some of us do. 

1 hour ago, SJAnfield said:

Warriors did a survey/study a few years back, and the overwhelming majority of those asked viewed replacing the Golden State moniker with San Francisco very negatively. It is very popular with fans. The team would definitely be alienating fans in the east bay, as well as South Bay, north bay and all other surrounding communities. Doesn't seem like it would be a big deal from an outsider's view, but we take it pretty personally. Well, some of us do. 

Do you have a link to this study and the results?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Unfortunately I don't. there are articles that touched on the Warriors reaching out to the fanbase, but I don't see anything on results. I heard the information I posted on the radio with someone connected to the team, and one of their reporters. I wish I could find a link. 

9 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

^^^^Purple and Teal for Game 4: http://www.nba.com/hornets/playoff-giveaway-schedule

I have actually kinda grown to like the black alts. There's kinda this neon vibe with the teal and white, and that kinda makes it unique in that aspect.

My feelings as well. Just lop off the bloody sleeves already.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-23 at 1:20 PM, YessSir32 said:

From the Pistons intro video last night. Doubt anything comes from it, but a simplistic version would make an amazing secondary. Anyone agree?

ZpKBuiV.jpg

Conrad's version needs to be used. It's the perfect replacement...

pistons1617-logos.png

Archived