• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Cavs are reverting back to the black sleeved uniforms in the Finals tonight after losing Game 1. Can't say I like the move, but if they somehow find a way to get the win, then I'll be all for it. Btw, I'm not necessarily a Cavs fan, I just really hate the Warriors and will never be able to root for them as a Blazers fan.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Cavs are reverting back to the black sleeved uniforms in the Finals tonight after losing Game 1. Can't say I like the move, but if they somehow find a way to get the win, then I'll be all for it. Btw, I'm not necessarily a Cavs fan, I just really hate the Warriors and will never be able to root for them as a Blazers fan.

Just saw this on twitter, not shocked at all.

a2BRS8U.png

On 2017-04-11 at 10:59 AM, KGeeX5 said:

It was beautiful. 

dm_170411_nba_cavaliers_heat_rev1.jpg

The Cavaliers could have one of the best identities in sports if they just used these beautiful uniforms in the playoffs and decided on one alternate.  At this point I don't care if it's the Navy blues or sleeved blacks, just pick one.

Speaking of the Cavaliers, what in gods name were they thinking with their recent logo update?  They ditch (arguably) the best logo in the league for a choppy black-for-blacks-sake shield that's twice the height of every other primary logo?  The NBA is such a maddening league for anyone who appreciates sports aesthetics.

UuWKIVx.png

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

The Cavaliers could have one of the best identities in sports if they just used these beautiful uniforms in the playoffs and decided on one alternate.  At this point I don't care if it's the Navy blues or sleeved blacks, just pick one.

Speaking of the Cavaliers, what in gods name were they thinking with their recent logo update?  They ditch (arguably) the best logo in the league for a choppy black-for-blacks-sake shield that's twice the height of every other primary logo?  The NBA is such a maddening league for anyone who appreciates sports aesthetics.

UuWKIVx.png

We haven't used the 2010 logo in a while... We've mostly use the C in our marketing and merchandise. The Cavs, IMO, needed an update and I think they did a decent job. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I'm fine with the Cavs using black but switching back and forth between black and navy bugs me. I'd ditch the black sleeved alternate and make the navy CAVS alternate black and call it a day. Keep the primary home, road, and the yellow CAVS alternate. Unfortunately any team LeBron is on needs to wear 12 different jerseys a year in order to maximize jersey sales.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

So in three games, the Cavs will wear three different uniforms. Then in Game 4, they could easily wear another uniform and make it four different ones in four games. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw the gold alternate at least once.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 minutes ago, kimball said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw the gold alternate at least once.

I doubt it. They haven't worn the gold alts in the playoffs since 2015, and they didn't even wear them all that often during the regular season this year. I'd say they'll definitely stick with white for games 3 and 4 (and game 6 if it gets to that), regardless of result. There's probably a better chance of them wearing wine on the road in a game 5 and/or 7 if they're able to extend the series, but even that I'm pretty skeptical of since navy has been the default road option in the playoffs the last three years and they'll likely still want to stick with the black sleeved uniforms as the alternate option since that's what they won the championship in.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

i can't believe the cavs won't just wear their standard away uniforms.  I can understand wearing the black uniforms at this point just cause they won in them last year, so maybe it would bring them some "luck"... but why wear the blue alternates?  The standard away even reps Cleveland, the Cavs seem to take such pride in their city and vice versa, I'm surprised that they wouldnt want to wear a uniform that says Cleveland on the front

AR-161209724.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Plus it looks GOOD.  this might be my favorite uniform of theirs.  

90758391980.gif

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Calling it now, the Cavaliers road uniform is going to be black next season.

Not sure about that? When they announced the jersey patch they came out with the differing colored patches to correspond with which jersey and from the sound of it ... the main will still be wine ... http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/05/15/cleveland-cavaliers-will-have-new-uniforms-for-2017-18-season/

That of course doesn't mean there won't be a black jersey. These are the Cavs and LeBron is on the team. They'll probably also have an orange, blue, pink, green, purple and gray jersey to go with that black and wine one. 

But, seriously, won't be surprised if we just saw a sleeveless version of the '16 Finals jersey.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

i can't believe the cavs won't just wear their standard away uniforms.  I can understand wearing the black uniforms at this point just cause they won in them last year, so maybe it would bring them some "luck"... but why wear the blue alternates?  The standard away even reps Cleveland, the Cavs seem to take such pride in their city and vice versa, I'm surprised that they wouldnt want to wear a uniform that says Cleveland on the front

This uniform - the wine one is HORRIBLE and bland(as well as their current home). It makes the Clippers current set looks like Showtime Lakers unis. Anybody else who clicked liked needs to be shot.

Navy is their best uni,and the gold one. Any others are ugghhh. Just my all powerful opinion $0.02. LOL 

shado_logo.gif

18 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Same. I think the Cavs set, other than the sleeved crap, is top 10 in the league. 

sig.png

Archived