• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

It is just a Sixers kinda thing to be first with. They are a bumbling franchise so being the first team ever in the big four sports to wear an ad is not a surprise whatsoever. 

They wont be the first team to wear an ad.  They're just the first to unveil theirs - probably because it was worked in to their deal with Stubhub that they signed last season, so they didn't have to "sell" it. Just speculation.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They wont be the first team to wear an ad.  They're just the first to unveil theirs - probably because it was worked in to their deal with Stubhub that they signed last season, so they didn't have to "sell" it. Just speculation.  

ESPN is saying they actually decided to sell the space and are the first major sports team in North America to officially do so.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15559477/philadelphia-76ers-sell-first-nba-jersey-advertisement-stubhub

The article also goes into detail about what isn't allowed with the ads too.

bSLCtu2.png

Either way they won't be the first to wear them. Those quotes are nauseating - "innovate".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sixers spokesperson just said two interesting things -

1. The deal with stubhub was in the works since the day the ads were approved and they kinda knew who their partner would be. 

2. The ads (for all team) will only be on jerseys sold at official team stores. For the Sixers, she said that you'll only see ads on jerseys sold at the arena, and no jerseys sold at national outlets will have ads on them. 

46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Sixers spokesperson just said two interesting things -

1. The deal with stubhub was in the works since the day the ads were approved and they kinda knew who their partner would be. 

2. The ads (for all team) will only be on jerseys sold at official team stores. For the Sixers, she said that you'll only see ads on jerseys sold at the arena, and no jerseys sold at national outlets will have ads on them. 

1. Makes complete sense but it didn't when I first hear of the partnership.

2. That is great news for jersey wearers. I'm not sure how many fans buy jerseys at arenas anyway. I'm pretty sure that the Sixers jersey selection isn't too big at the WFC. My question is will ads be on the jerseys on fanatics.com? Isn't the NBA store ran by them?

On one level the Sixers partnering with StubHub makes sense, but on the other...I mean would you even want to buy Sixers tickets on the secondary market?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Either way they won't be the first to wear them. Those quotes are nauseating - "innovate".

Hinkie may be gone, but his legacy of poorly-crafted ideas slathered in masturbatory buzzwords lives on.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 minutes ago, rams80 said:

On one level the Sixers partnering with StubHub makes sense, but on the other...I mean would you even want to buy Sixers tickets on the secondary market?

Always, because they're dirt cheap.

Also, Stubhub is the primary ticket seller for the 76ers.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

$15 million total?!?!? Did I read that correctly? That's an absurdly small amount of money for something so small on the uniform and that ruins whatever ascetic the team wants to have.  

1 hour ago, jrodsep said:

$15 million total?!?!? Did I read that correctly? That's an absurdly small amount of money for something so small on the uniform and that ruins whatever ascetic the team wants to have.  

That was my first thought as well. 

I Guess it's a bargain for stubhub if the Sixers somehow get good and get a lot of national games in 17,18, or 19. Either way, even though the team blows and has low ratings, that seems super low for such prominent ad placement on a uniform worn by a team in the 4th largest market. 

Of course it's the Sixers.  The team that spent the past several seasons flirting with the salary floor is the first to grab for what feels kind of like a pittance.  Someone really should have talked them out of it.

I bet the secondary and/or pirate market for "complete" jerseys is going to be really big. Some completitonists want the real deal, and if the real deal includes some (admittedly tasteful as it could be) ad patch, then so be it.

On second thought, it was probably smart to let Philadelphia be first out of the gate.  They're the most despised NBA franchise of the moment, so it's not like you can hate them that much more.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Are they really despised? I didn't think they were relevant enough to be despised. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are they really despised? I didn't think they were relevant enough to be despised. 

I was just going to post this. This would be like hating the Cleveland Browns. I know that the Sixers gave tanked on purpose and that can annoy people but how can you despise them when teams like the Lakers are around?

Archived