8 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Cavs deserves to lose for wearing those uniforms. They're lucky or didn't cost them. 

they also deserved to lose for whining about a little trash talk ! And Green had to watch a baseball game instead of playing smh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

they also deserved to lose for whining about a little trash talk ! And Green had to watch a baseball game instead of playing smh

Believe it or not, Green was suspended for repeated, uh, private shots and accumulating too many flagrant points, not because of hurting LeBron's feelings. 

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Ignorance is bliss.  Green has no one to blame for the suspension, except himself.  He was a repeat, multi-series, multi-game offender.  Frankly, he's lucky that he only got a 1 game suspension.  They guy now has a track record of being a dirty player and there really isn't any evidence to the contrary.

I just laugh when I think back to last year's Playoffs and the notion of Matt Dellavedova was a dirty player because he dove on the floor for a loose ball and Korver got hurt... It sucks for Korver, but it was a kid doing everything in his power, within the rules, to win a basketball game and keep his job.  Fast forward to this year, and we have an example of what a real dirty player looks like.

Wasn't Game 4 of the Finals the 5th or 6th time this playoffs that Green has made contact with the private area of other players?  And not 1 of them has looked like a natural/NBA/athletic movement.

1 hour ago, mattb6 said:

How far in advance to the teams order the fan shirts? The black jersey seemed to be liked pretty well among fans on Twitter, and I'm sure a performance like that from the two star players would make them even more well liked. I hate to admit, but I'd be in favor of a blackout on Thursday. 

I noticed that they fixed LeBron's sleeves so he has greater movement than he had in an earlier version of the shirt. I almost decided to skip the game last night because I figured they'd fall flat on their faces. Glad to see LeBron and Kyrie pick it up at the same time. Thursday will be an entirely different matter. I really hope Cleveland goes with the gold uniforms. Those are their best looking outfit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, dont care said:

well they are winning so.... please don't have the cavs think this is a lucky uniform now and if it goes to a 7th game they wear it for that game as well. lord help us if they win in those unis

I tend to agree, in theory.  You would not want the Cavs winning the NBA Championship in that crap.

In theory.  There is obviously no way they'll be winning the NBA Championship.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, mattb6 said:

How far in advance to the teams order the fan shirts? The black jersey seemed to be liked pretty well among fans on Twitter, and I'm sure a performance like that from the two star players would make them even more well liked. I hate to admit, but I'd be in favor of a blackout on Thursday. 

A blackout for a wine and gold team. That makes so much sense...

Is it black or navy? I didn't see the game but a few of the pics made it look navy, which would make at least some sense for them. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is it black or navy? I didn't see the game but a few of the pics made it look navy, which would make at least some sense for them. 

It's black.

I'm not a big NBA fan, but if I'm a Cavs fan and they win game 6 in the blacks, I say go for it in Game 7. The team's going for their first title and the city's first pro sports title since '64 (unless you count Lake Erie's Calder Cup win last week). Let them wear them, even if they suck to look at. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

4 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

It's black.

I'm not a big NBA fan, but if I'm a Cavs fan and they win game 6 in the blacks, I say go for it in Game 7. The team's going for their first title and the city's first pro sports title since '64 (unless you count Lake Erie's Calder Cup win last week). Let them wear them, even if they suck to look at. 

I think it sucks that a team would wear black to win a title when black isn't even one of their colors.  But it would be a cool story line... coming back from 3-1, ending the 52 year drought... I'm sure they could spin something with black for a funeral, the Warriors funeral.  Bla bla bla.  Either way, its a moot point when GS wins Game 6 on our floor again.

4 hours ago, mattb6 said:

Believe it or not, Green was suspended for repeated, uh, private shots and accumulating too many flagrant points, not because of hurting LeBron's feelings. 

He was not given a T in the game, only after Lebron started bitching after the game the NBA stepped in and gave green a T, thereby making him miss game 5. 

NBA wanted the series to go longer, and kissing lebron´s whiny ass is also typical NBA behavior.

4 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Ignorance is bliss.  Green has no one to blame for the suspension, except himself.  He was a repeat, multi-series, multi-game offender.  Frankly, he's lucky that he only got a 1 game suspension.  They guy now has a track record of being a dirty player and there really isn't any evidence to the contrary.

I just laugh when I think back to last year's Playoffs and the notion of Matt Dellavedova was a dirty player because he dove on the floor for a loose ball and Korver got hurt... It sucks for Korver, but it was a kid doing everything in his power, within the rules, to win a basketball game and keep his job.  Fast forward to this year, and we have an example of what a real dirty player looks like.

Wasn't Game 4 of the Finals the 5th or 6th time this playoffs that Green has made contact with the private area of other players?  And not 1 of them has looked like a natural/NBA/athletic movement.

He is

35 minutes ago, Thomas said:

He was not given a T in the game, only after Lebron started bitching after the game the NBA stepped in and gave green a T, thereby making him miss game 5. 

NBA wanted the series to go longer, and kissing lebron´s whiny ass is also typical NBA behavior.

He was given a *flagrant foul* for trying to punch LeBron, which was extremely obvious. Your notion that he was suspended because LeBron was upset about it is kind of ignorant. LeBron was also given a technical foul, so I'm not sure how you could disagree with Green being disciplined. 

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

He was given a *flagrant foul* for trying to punch LeBron, which was extremely obvious. Your notion that he was suspended because LeBron was upset about it is kind of ignorant. LeBron was also given a technical foul, so I'm not sure how you could disagree with Green being disciplined. 

Facts are facts, the NBA makes more money the longer the series goes, that is called advertising, fact. The Commissioner did something that has never been done before, he suspended a player from the NBA finals, not for an individual act. like fighting, but for a variety of subjective acts. By doing this, the Commissioner did influence the results of game 5. That is not open to debate. ESPN is giddy as hell, the league is giddy as hell, advertisers are giddy as hell. Did the league benefit financially from the Cavs winning game 5? Yes! Did suspending Green aid the Cavs in winning game 5? Yes!

Tim Donaghy: NBA suspended Draymond Green to try and prolong NBA Finals

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/13/tim-donaghy-draymond-green-suspension-prolong-nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers

Just now, Thomas said:

Tim Donaghy: NBA suspended Draymond Green to try and prolong NBA Finals

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/13/tim-donaghy-draymond-green-suspension-prolong-nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers

Okay, so an opinionated journalist using a very click-bait title is fact now? Okay, you can roll with whatever you believe but the fact of the matter is Draymond Green's hands and feet are attracted to the private parts.

spacer.png

I can listen to the argument that a flagrant should not have been assessed.  But Draymond has to look in the mirror.  He dodged a bullet after the Steven Adams thing and if couldn't keep it in control now, provoked or not, it's on him.  He put the league in a position to have a decision.  And continued allowing of contact to the nuts is probably not the message the league wants to send.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Looks good. Side panels look A bit similar to the heat. I absolutely hate the way the 6 looks. I hope no other numbers look bad like that. Wish the lion logo was incorporated on an alt. I'm anxiously awaiting the court. With their logos and colors, the court could be one of the leagues' best if done right. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived