Love the new look for the Kings, but we all have minor gripes. My big two are that one uniform isn't different enough from another to seem necessary. The other problem is that the stripes at the bottom of the shorts don't go all the way around. Fix that and make the "SAC" jersey gray to separate it from the other purple jersey and you have a great set. Love the black jersey as the uni it's paying homage to is my favorite Kings look ever.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The subtle hints of powder blue are definitely an hommage to the inagural 86-90 era, in which they were still using KC era powder blue.

Their new colors are definitely an hommage to the current era with a few differences.

They had powder blue in KC? I thought those just started with the move to Sacramento.  I always saw darker blue in the old photos of Sam Lacey, Phil Ford etc.

31 minutes ago, chakfu said:

They had powder blue in KC? I thought those just started with the move to Sacramento.  I always saw darker blue in the old photos of Sam Lacey, Phil Ford etc.

Yeah, I think I made a mistake. The motherboard images of the Kansas City Kings logo uses the same shade of blue as the original Sacremento Kings, even after the move. I thought powder blue was always there.

17 minutes ago, rroy0824 said:

What will be interesting is that someday the Cavs will probably celebrate this championship by wearing black sleeve throwbacks.

Since there's no trim on the sleeve cuffs or shoulders, they could probably do a sleeveless throwback and the effect would be the same. The sleeves aren't an integral part of the design (of which I'd say is the black and oversized chest logo).

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Why stop there, go with pants as well. throw on a hoodie or parka while we are at it .

I'm curious how the sleeve jerseys in Game 7 came about.  We know lebron hates them so I can't imagine the cavs would force them on him in the biggest game of his career and the team's history.  Could Adidas or the NBA have forced them on the cavs and they either didnt or couldn't push back? Was this one last ditch effort by adidas to sell some sleeved jerseys before Nike took over 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

4 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I'm curious how the sleeve jerseys in Game 7 came about.  We know lebron hates them so I can't imagine the cavs would force them on him in the biggest game of his career and the team's history.  Could Adidas or the NBA have forced them on the cavs and they either didnt or couldn't push back? Was this one last ditch effort by adidas to sell some sleeved jerseys before Nike took over 

LeBron got a bigger jersey (It's not skintight like before, it's more like a QB jersey in the NFL), he actually has been requesting them in the Finals

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

48 minutes ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

LeBron got a bigger jersey (It's not skintight like before, it's more like a QB jersey in the NFL), he actually has been requesting them in the Finals

Ok if lebron requested them then that makes sense.  Still they are fugly as uck. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

1 hour ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

Yeah I noticed that his sleeves look looser than I'm used to seeing. I was wondering why he hasn't tore off part of it yet. At least they seemed to fix the fitting issue in regards to shooting. I've played in sleeved jerseys before and it's fact (at least in my case) that it impacts the way your arms move in the shooting motion. Just not comfortable after being used to sleeveless. I'm happy to see there's progress with them but I still think it's ugly af. Can't believe these will now be all time jerseys. I'm sure Adidas is smiling from ear to ear today and all summer. 

GO NETS.

The Cleveland Browns' seamstress made some alterations to the sleeves to make them have a looser fit around the shoulders. And LeBron, being as superstitious as he is, made the team wear the jerseys again after their win in Game 5.

21 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Cleveland Browns' seamstress made some alterations to the sleeves to make them have a looser fit around the shoulders. And LeBron, being as superstitious as he is, made the team wear the jerseys again after their win in Game 5.

The Browns' seamstress did the sleeves?  Nobody on the Cavs' staff could do it?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So wait a minute? LeBron actually mandated these uniforms to be worn? Shows again how much of an arrogant person he is. If he was a team player he wouldn't force his team to wear the uniform he wants.

Archived