• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's really annoying how much better the "new" Pistons look is yet they will not be going with it. Wouldn't surprise me though if they had a new logo court. Alot like the Suns in 2012.

It seems like for whatever reason the Pistons decided at the last minute to push it back until 2017-2018 (literally so at the last moment that Adidas had already started manufacturing draft hats with the new logo). I'd imagine this is to coincide with the Nike apparel takeover and the team's 60th anniversary season, but it definitely seems like the new logo is still happening at some point. The team is still using the "Detroit Basketball" marketing everywhere. See this post on their Twitter regarding the Ish Smith free agent signing:

Cm3m5fyXEAEqp0K.jpg

Definitely a super sloppy roll out by their Marketing department.

22 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Don't ask don't tell!!

I thought they've repealed that! I'm glad, if real, that they're getting rid of the outline on the courtside wording.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

It looks like it's harder to see the numbers.

Nice observation.  It just goes to show you that cleaner and clearer actually makes it worse, at least from this angle.

That was my thought as well. The black background improves visibility. Not sure what they were thinking by making it clear.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor says he plans to rebrand the team with new uniforms and logos. He doesn't say when, but it's most likely in the 2017-18 season, when Nike takes over and when the club completes a renovation of Target Center. 

Taylor says he'll rebrand Timberwolves with new jerseys, logo via Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal. 

25 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor says he plans to rebrand the team with new uniforms and logos. He doesn't say when, but it's most likely in the 2017-18 season, when Nike takes over and when the club completes a renovation of Target Center. 

Taylor says he'll rebrand Timberwolves with new jerseys, logo via Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal. 

I'm so excited to hear this, I just wish I could read the whole story.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

Archived