• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

neworleansallstarweekend2017logoofficial

Found this graphic on NBA.com about the All-Star Game. It will be interesting to see the whole package with short notice. Odds are they'll go with something similar with the 2014 game. Though I'd love to see something Mardi Gras-ish.

^^^ great find and a great update for them. I always felt the heavy abundance black and orange was too halloween feeling for the Suns. This is more in place with their identity. I wonder if they will drop black completely or just start to phase it out

GO NETS.

11 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

New Orleans tho...again? What's the NBA's hard on for this city? I smell bribes and cover ups.

It doesn't make any sense. They just freaking hosted 2 years ago. Next year will be LA (big surprise) then followed by what? Houston, New York or New Orleans? Keep rotating around the same handful of cities.

When was the last time other cities hosted?

Chicago 1988

Miami 1990

Minneapolis 1994

San Antonio 1996

Cleveland 1997

DC 2001

Philadelphia 2002

Atlanta 2003

New Orleans is chosen because a large sector of its economy is based around hosting special events. 

Chicago will never have an All-Star Game because Jerry Reinsdorf won't permit one. Something about the NBA taking seats away from season ticketholders (i.e., he can't jack up the prices for an All-Star Game season).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

It doesn't make any sense. They just freaking hosted 2 years ago. Next year will be LA (big surprise) then followed by what? Houston, New York or New Orleans? Keep rotating around the same handful of cities.

When was the last time other cities hosted?

Chicago 1988

Miami 1990

Minneapolis 1994

San Antonio 1996

Cleveland 1997

DC 2001

Philadelphia 2002

Atlanta 2003

I believe the all star game is awarded to cities that place a bid for it. Some cities have had bad experiences in the past and there for don't bid on the game. Others simply just don't want the hassle. I believe Sacramento is shooting for the 2019 ASG at the new Golden 1 Center.

6 minutes ago, uuh70 said:

Well KeyArena is too, but

I get this joke, but you'd be surprised. With no NBA commitments, KeyArena actually stays pretty busy with concerts, WNBA, NCAA basketball, and other events.

But yes, Feb. 19, 2017 is current available for KeyArena booking.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Purple is returning to the Phoenix Suns court as seen in NBA 2K17

14206202_10157376035705305_8929139288028

It should have never left in the first place.

I may be wrong because maybe it's just lighting making the purple appear darker. But it seems like that purple was darkened a few shades to have it match the colors given to their minor league team...

Local_Players_Wear_NA_Suns_Unis_t715.jpg

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

New Orleans is chosen because a large sector of its economy is based around hosting special events. 

Chicago will never have an All-Star Game because Jerry Reinsdorf won't permit one. Something about the NBA taking seats away from season ticketholders (i.e., he can't jack up the prices for an All-Star Game season).

Word is that's changing. The Bulls were in the running for the relocated 2017 game. 

On 9/1/2016 at 7:52 PM, Shadojoker said:

New Orleans tho...again? What's the NBA's hard on for this city? I smell bribes and cover ups.

I agree....Doesn't look very good optically for Charlotte fans when both the Hornets and the All Star game move there

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived