• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

possibly a home alternate? Interesting. I want to like their set but I can't because of the numbers / grey outline on the numbers and their whole set just feels forced, if that makes sense. Their jerseys are close to being great but fall short imo. Always bothered me. I know it's petty but isn't that what CCSLC is for? lol

thinking about it further, a white alternate is a little weird though. Maybe it's a pride jersey like RipCity / Motorcity ?

GO NETS.

24 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Instantly their best jersey, imo. The only bad news is that this is an alternate. 100x better without the unnecessary chest stripes that should've been left with the Bullets. I like the stars and stripes side panel too. Good on them for this. This is the forth team with a better alternate template than primary template (Blazers, Nets, Rockets, Wizards). 

Jazz jerseys are better than what they were but I cant get over the old kings side panels... like why?!?!? So unnecessary.  It bothers me when teams just throw something there when it would look better with nothing at all. Jazz are one of the few teams that could get away with nothing on the sides, but they blew it with unnecessary clutter.

Rant over.

GO NETS.

ALL STAR LOGO:

Looks appropriate... for the D-League. The odd curvature, faux-iron work this time is laughable. The only good New Orleans NBA ASG logo was 2008

Shouldve never left Charlotte.

3 times in 8 years in New Orleans? C'mon, there's 29 other cities to choose from.

WIZARDS:

Perfect for its "stars and stripes" purposes. Nailed it. It's a beauty. Being a life long Wizards fan and living a few miles from the city, this level of creativity in a uniform is welcome. I finally like where their brand is headed.

SIDE NOTE...I just met John Wall this weekend, that was kinda cool. He was wearing a throwback Kevin Garnett rookie jersey.

8 minutes ago, joshey said:

Instantly their best jersey, imo. The only bad news is that this is an alternate. 100x better without the unnecessary chest stripes that should've been left with the Bullets. I like the stars and stripes side panel too. Good on them for this. This is the forth team with a better alternate template than primary template (Blazers, Nets, Rockets, Wizards). 

As a long-time DC fan, I love the Wizards' current unis -- *with* the horizontal chest stripe.  The original design (with the chest stripe going around the back) was too much, since it made the back jersey #s hard to read.  They dropped the back stripe after a season; after that, I wouldn't change anything.  The blue alt suffers for not having the chest stripe. 

This alt doesn't need a chest stripe, since it has a different theme.  My only issue with the design is that the narrow # font doesn't lend itself to a double outline.

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here's the back of the swingman version at least:

image.jpeg

Great.  No surprises.  :D

EDIT:  hmm.  I didn't realize that the side panel on the jersey had stripes, too.  In the photo shoot, Oubre's jersey only appears to have stars in the side panel (I presume the stripes portion is tucked in).  It'll be tough for the various players to look uniform/coordinated if the stripes portion of the side panel peeks out on some guys, but not others. 

I love the Wiz, but the new alternates are already teetering on overrated for me.  The sides are fine, but I don't like the double outlined number, especially against the non-outlined wordmark.  The wordmark looks so plain and boring on this uniform.  I know it's the same wordmark as the primary road, but it's blandness stands out to me more here.  And the all lowercase looks so weak.  Also, if we're getting picky, I'd swap the red and blue stripes on the neckline, so that the navy blue is on the bottom (kind of like in the Jazz uniform featured above).  The red on the bottom of the neckline with no red on the sleeves stands out to me so much.

Overall, this looks like something Under Armour would design for Northwestern to wear to honor the troops.  I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of these.  Their primary home and away are still their best two uniforms.

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, UTAHMAN4 said:

The Jazz finally tweeted out some pictures of the new uniforms. I wasn't sure about them at first, but overall I think they are an upgrade from the last set

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/773618574342561793

Crxx-5mUkAEO7G3.jpg

Those look great! The stripes are ok but as a whole really good. 

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Those should be their main jerseys! lol The numbers can use some help tho

48 minutes ago, keynote said:

As a long-time DC fan, I love the Wizards' current unis -- *with* the horizontal chest stripe.  The original design (with the chest stripe going around the back) was too much, since it made the back jersey #s hard to read.  They dropped the back stripe after a season; after that, I wouldn't change anything.  The blue alt suffers for not having the chest stripe. 

This alt doesn't need a chest stripe, since it has a different theme.  My only issue with the design is that the narrow # font doesn't lend itself to a double outline.

I hear ya. It's just personal preference at the end of the day. I agree that the blue jersey suffers but from my point of view, its the inconsistency of the side panels. They have the old Bucks set side panels (if I'm not mistaken). If it had the primary sides or even the stars and stripes, it would be dramatically better. The front stripes don't add much aesthetically as much as it just is there for nostalgia, and for that they should make that the pride/fauxback jersey and this new jersey the basis for the primary set.

One things for certain -- this jersey is a beauty.

GO NETS.

Archived