The Jazz would look a lot better with stripes all the way up and down on either side, or full stripes on the shorts but not the jersey.  Having the break just looks disjointed.

That Wizards uni is pretty cool.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this confirms the new Rockets floor. 

Thanks God they changed their bland court, even though the new one looks similar to the Raptors. Maybe if they went with white lines it would've looked better. Still, a big upgrade for sure!

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Suns officially announce new court update for 16/17. I really like the change and are glad they aren't trying to push the black and are embracing the purple, good move! I do feel like the sun burst and streak has too much yellow, I think everything could look more solid with a different shade of orange or even perhaps a gradient would be appropriate here too. image.jpeg

Court looks good...good timing especially given it's the 25th anniversary season at America West/US Airways/Talking Stick Arena.

The New Orleans All-Star logo is one piece of hot turd.

The Jazz' unis are a considerable upgrade.

Couldn't care less about the Wizards' Stars and Stripes alternate. It seems like the recipe for a successful welcome for a uni on these boards is to slap some stars on the side panels of a generic jersey design.

Houston, as I had already said, should've gone with white lines on their new court.

4 hours ago, AAO said:

ALL STAR LOGO:

Looks appropriate... for the D-League. The odd curvature, faux-iron work this time is laughable. The only good New Orleans NBA ASG logo was 2008

Shouldve never left Charlotte.

3 times in 8 years in New Orleans? C'mon, there's 29 other cities to choose from.

WIZARDS:

Perfect for its "stars and stripes" purposes. Nailed it. It's a beauty. Being a life long Wizards fan and living a few miles from the city, this level of creativity in a uniform is welcome. I finally like where their brand is headed.

SIDE NOTE...I just met John Wall this weekend, that was kinda cool. He was wearing a throwback Kevin Garnett rookie jersey.

was thinking that the game should have stayed in Charlotte for this season and said if the law that they are against is still around, that there wouldn't be anything future all-star game Charlotte until the law is change.  i say this because the game was schedule for Charlotte before HB2 was enacted.  would also say that anyone who had anything schedule (see Bruce Springsteen and the rest) that i would do what ever i was schedule to do and then say I wouldn't come back until the law is change.  i am one of those people who say, you schedule something at a place, some law you don't like is enacted, i would still go ahead and do what i am schedule to do because i made a deal to do a show there (and maybe would give the money i made to a group/charity that i like).  would say after the show, i wont come back until the law is change.    

so long and thanks for all the fish.

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Sorry but the Sixers beat you to it...

Indeed. My first reaction was those are the best NBA jerseys ever.

Then I remembered these exist:

http://www.basketsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/011116_noel-okafor_1200-298x384.jpg

The Wizards look better, but they clearly are standing on someone else's shoulders.

Cr10vg_VMAAKE5q.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

http://www.basketsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/011116_noel-okafor_1200-298x384.jpg

The Wizards look better, but they clearly are standing on someone else's shoulders.

Cr10vg_VMAAKE5q.jpg

To be fair, the Wizards' logo and primary unis also features a star.  And, of course, the Bullets/Wizards have a long history of using stars on their unis.  

d27525c4103dfeef459ce11638512a8f.jpgelvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

They've even used stars on the side panel before:

gallery_061019_aj_bh.jpg

So, I think the Sixers and Wizards (as well as the Nets and Magic) can all lay claim to using stars in their uni design.  And, if the swingman unis are any indication, the Wizards' new alt's side panels have stars and horizontal stripes -- which distinguish it from the Sixers' side panel.   

5 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

Court looks good...good timing especially given it's the 25th anniversary season at America West/US Airways/Talking Stick Arena.

6 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

Wow 25 already, and when Barkley debuted with them that was the team's 25th year....how time flies! Lol!

spacer.png

8 hours ago, MkDon said:

I guess this confirms the new Rockets floor. 

Thanks God they changed their bland court, even though the new one looks similar to the Raptors. Maybe if they went with white lines it would've looked better. Still, a big upgrade for sure!

I dig that deep shade of red, which contrasts well with the light wood stain.

Black lines are better as white lines would've gotten lost amongst that light wood stain. 

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Cr10vg_VMAAKE5q.jpg

While the Wizards jersey is slick, I instantly thought of MLB's Stars & Stripes when I first saw it.

NYCdog.png

On 9/8/2016 at 8:18 PM, keynote said:

To be fair, the Wizards' logo and primary unis also features a star.  And, of course, the Bullets/Wizards have a long history of using stars on their unis.  

elvin-hayes-bullets.jpg

I know I'll never get an answer to this, but I really want to know why the Bullets player in the background is wearing a blank road uniform.

On 9/9/2016 at 8:14 AM, VikWings said:

The unfinished stripes on the Jazz's new jerseys still piss me off.

Since they wanted to do something other than a full stripe, they should've just left the shorts blank. I think the one on the jersey looks good, but trying to put the stripe on the shorts too was a bad decision.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

6 hours ago, VikWings said:

The unfinished stripes on the Jazz's new jerseys still piss me off.

They're easily the most annoying part of the new set. They do look better on the players, but with the Utah Jazz emphasizing stripes and simplicity across their brand, slicing the stripes at a 66° angle (because it's the angle the note stem lies at or something) seems a little out-of-nowhere. What I'd do--outside of wholesale connecting the stripes--is to at least bring them closer together by extending the stripes down to (or at least near) the bottom of the jersey and to the top of the shorts. I get what they're trying to do in implying the note stem on the jersey, but why not use that negative space/subtlety more effectively?

I'd might even extending them down to the bottom of the jersey where it doesn't show when tucked in while having the full stripe on the pants but does show on untucked jerseys (i.e., when fans wear them). You know, like the team phrases/hurricane warning flags/etc. on the back of the collar that no one actually sees when worn...it might work here.

While I'm at it, let's stop making "Utah" (or "Jazz" on the green alts) a tramp stamp and put it on the Jazz wordmark where it belongs (home and road), and basically continue the stripe pattern up and down the arm/neckholes. I might have to photoshop a picture to show what I'm getting at here.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived