• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, "Washington Federals" sounds like a WHA team or a sports team from a sitcom. It just doesn't mean much. I couldn't take it seriously as a real name. I'd probably keep calling them the Federales in a bad Matthew McConaughey voice.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, MackAttack said:

NBA 2k17  Uniform Update Leak

2lj5lqf.jpg

We haven't heard about this one...I like it.

NBA 2K has had the early 90s Warriors unis in the game for years, but the number font (in the game) has changed about four times and it has never been correct.  Which makes me kinda wonder if this is the actual jersey, or the real jersey will be something like it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, keynote said:

But when it comes to coming up with new names for DC franchises, it's always the "Delegates," or the "Feds," or the "Tax-and-Spenders," or "Monuments," or "Vetoes", etc.  :mad:  None of them work.  And mind you, no one bothers to identify anything *else* about the DC area to select.  No one's suggesting the "Washington Go-Gos," or the "Washington Mumbos".  And, of course, there's nothing wrong with naming a team after a generic animal predator. 

PLUS everything has to be red, white, and blue. The old Wizards jerseys weren't great, but at least the colors were unique. Would've liked to see how they would have progressed.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

PLUS everything has to be red, white, and blue. The old Wizards jerseys weren't great, but at least the colors were unique. Would've liked to see how they would have progressed.

And I'd argue the blue and gold is still a pretty American color scheme.

One thing DC United have done well in MLS is to go away from the rah-rah-USA motif and toward a Washington DC civic pride motif, increasing taking color scheme, uniform and logo cues from the DC city flag (in turn inspired by the Washington family coat of arms).

203px-COA_George_Washington.svg.png

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

We haven't heard about this one...I like it.

NBA 2K has had the early 90s Warriors unis in the game for years, but the number font (in the game) has changed about four times and it has never been correct.  Which makes me kinda wonder if this is the actual jersey, or the real jersey will be something like it.

Yea it's real. We heard the Warriors were getting an alt in the new category NBA has where you can have an alt that just has to use current jersey template. Which this does exactly. 

They dont have the city jerseys this year though. 

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

11 minutes ago, The Golden One said:

Yea it's real. We heard the Warriors were getting an alt in the new category NBA has where you can have an alt that just has to use current jersey template. Which this does exactly. 

They dont have the city jerseys this year though. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually think this new stretch jersey for the Dubs instantly becomes the best uniform in their set. I can't exactly explain why, but I've always loved the Warriors' Run TMC look, and I think the wordmark from that set combines really well with the current base uniform design that they have. Plus, the current chest mark inspired by "The City" uniforms has grown a little tired in my mind (although it'll probably never go away after the success they're having), and the bridge logo on the chest has started to feel a little bit redundant with the bridge detailing being on the shorts, so just having the slanted wordmark and the number on the front of this new jersey solves that problem. 

IMG_2182.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, MackAttack said:

6egoib.jpg

Seems like 2k really doesn't want to used the right number font on the current Lakers teams it's been like that since the move to next gen, and its been even more annoying that they use the right one on the classic teams. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Archived