• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blazers' President just announced they'll be unveiling new uniforms and logo modifications in the spring to coincide with Nike taking over the league apparel contract in 17/18. He called it a "modernization", and added that it's nothing drastic. As a Blazers fan this is exciting news as the current look has certainly been associated with its fair share of disappointment. Having said that, the current uniforms and logos are in my biased opinion some of the best in sports, so I'm hoping it really isn't a drastic change and they just update the pinwheel, wordmarks, and diagonal striping. Last season this logo started popping up more and more in their social media graphics, etc. so it could be something to keep an eye on as a possible alternate logo:

IMG_1171.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Blazers' President just announced they'll be unveiling new uniforms and logo modifications in the spring to coincide with Nike taking over the league apparel contract in 17/18. He called it a "modernization", and added that it's nothing drastic. As a Blazers fan this is exciting news as the current look has certainly been associated with its fair share of disappointment. Having said that, the current uniforms and logos are in my biased opinion some of the best in sports, so I'm hoping it really isn't a drastic change and they just update the pinwheel, wordmarks, and diagonal striping. Last season this logo started popping up more and more in their social media graphics, etc. so it could be something to keep an eye on as a possible alternate logo:

IMG_1171.JPG

Oh wow, I love the Fremont Bridge motif there. So clever. I don't expect Portland to screw anything up anyway, but I'd really love a return to that retro Rip City font everywhere instead of that sorta-Impact looking one.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Oh wow, I love the Fremont Bridge motif there. So clever. I don't expect Portland to screw anything up anyway, but I'd really love a return to that retro Rip City font everywhere instead of that sorta-Impact looking one.

Yeah I agree. The retro font is nice and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it have an expanded role in their new uniforms and logos. And yes, I too am extremely fond of the Fremont Bridge motif in the logo that I posted, and I'm really hoping it will indeed be a new secondary when they unveil the new uniforms and logos in the spring. It has the suggestion of a basketball so it certainly fits the new NBA rule of having to include a basketball in one of the team's logos, and would presumably free up the primary logo to not include a basketball and instead just be an update to the pinwheel.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, Digby said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but the Houston black unis are really nice. Updating the whole set to match that theme would be welcome for me.

They really aren't as bad as I thought they could be.  They're in need of an update and this wouldn't exactly be the worst way to go.

In a vacuum, those Rockets jerseys are not bad. But replacing the current ones, all personality goes out the window.

That Rip City logo looks good. Not sure about the rounded corners where the seams connect, though, since rounded corners don't belong in the identity.

Archived