• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm..interesting. Unusual they'd blatantly reveal future logos this early on. They generally make a better effort to keep it under wraps..

But I wouldn't be surprised. I do think its an improvement over the current set up; I like that both "Detroit" and "Pistons" are equal size and command more respect than the current logo. The typeface they use for their wordmarks is also so well crafted, that it helps the case of this as a primary logo. It creates interesting shapes.. nuanced aggression. It's the only good thing left over from the teal-horse days, where it originated.

Here's to hoping they ditch the stupid D in the P secondary. It's not a logo. It's a Pacer-esque knock-off that forces another letter into the counter of the P.

Here's to hoping they have some degree of crafty & witty secondaries to make up for the blandness of the primary.

#StillBetterThanOKCandLAC

I'm pretty sure we can do better right here on these boards...

3 minutes ago, AAO said:

Hmm..interesting. Unusual they'd blatantly reveal future logos this early on. They generally make a better effort to keep it under wraps..

The NBA has seemingly shifted towards releasing future logos at the end of the current season.  IIRC, several logos were released really early last year (the Wizards come to mind).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 hours ago, rroy0824 said:

The Pistons posted this earlier.  The bottom pretty much confirms that the new logo is what everyone thinks it is.

12809614_10153880330080295_4637001221061

This will easily be the worst logo in the league along with the Nets and the Bucks. Even the Clippers' CLA lock-up is better than this (which is not bad on its own).

31 minutes ago, truepg said:

This will easily be the worst logo in the league along with the Nets and the Bucks. Even the Clippers' CLA lock-up is better than this (which is not bad on its own).

Bucks?  You're joking, right?  There are plenty of logos much worse than the Bucks.

40 minutes ago, truepg said:

The CLA is arguably the worst logo in the history of the NBA.  Even on its own.  That Pistons logo is well ahead of the CLA in the rankings. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The CLA is arguably the worst logo in the history of the NBA.  Even on its own.  That Pistons logo is well ahead of the CLA in the rankings. 

The Clippers made the worst identity change in history

whereicomefrom.png

The new Pistons logo is way beyond better than the current/old logo.  Just something about the look made me cringe. The 3D logo with the D in the P.  I hated it. The new logo at least looks like a modern retake on the old logo. I think it is on par to be one of the best logos in the NBA. 

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Time to quit smoking crack...

3 hours ago, truepg said:

What? The Bucks logo is one of the best in the league and the Clippers is the worst. The Pistons changing back to the Bad Boys look is fine by me.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

What? The Bucks logo is one of the best in the league and the Clippers is the worst. The Pistons changing back to the Bad Boys look is fine by me.

Well,one of the worst logos is OKC, IMO...but I'm really liking the Pistons update. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

12 hours ago, wences said:

The Clippers made the worst identity change in history

Agreed. (The Cavs' uniform switch from the first LeBron era to the current is a close second.) 

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Bucks' had one of the best logo sets (and looks, for that matter) in the league prior to the rebrand. The current primary (beer label at best) logo is a joke, and so are their secondaries. The only thing that keeps them from making the aforementioned list, is the uniform set, which ended up rather good.

There's nothing good about the Pistons' dated 80's Bad Boys era logo for which to bring it back, and it should stay there.

What comes to the Thunder logo, it's crap, I agree, but it gets a pass for at least trying to look like an NBA logo.

To be fair, this supposed "new Pistons logo" has been used all season. It has been used on promotional materials, like the snapchat geo-filter (previously mentioned). I remember first seeing it on the game program handed out at the game I attended (at The Palace) on December 4th (vs. Milwaukee).

Edit: What I'm saying is, I'm not entirely convinced that it will be their primary logo for next season, but I've been wrong before.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

20 hours ago, LEWJ said:

To be fair, this supposed "new Pistons logo" has been used all season. It has been used on promotional materials, like the snapchat geo-filter (previously mentioned). I remember first seeing it on the game program handed out at the game I attended (at The Palace) on December 4th (vs. Milwaukee).

635923856686827702-IMG-4895.JPG

Pistons2016_WebPage_MIPTA.jpg

More examples of some of the applications.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On 3/15/2016 at 2:23 PM, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

I actually love the direction the Pistons are (seemingly) taking. 

Agreed. The new look at least suggests they won't be going with Atlanta-level hijinks on the new unis. 

Then again, that might be wishful thinking on my part.

23 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm not a huge fan. Don't get me wrong, their previous logo was terrible and was badly in need of replacement. But I still wish they went with something more along the lines of this:

CjWgTdI.jpgyuck. too much going on here, not enough of anything good imo. I've seen this logo in 2k before.  I prefer their new upcoming logo. Is it possible that the Pistons are abandoning RWB for steel, white & black/and or blue like their "chrome" jersey set?

GO NETS.

Archived