19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Shaun Livingston wearing that new stretch or whatever it called jersey:

Shaun-Livingston-Nike-Zoom-Clear-Out.jpg

Such a lazy, money grab. All they did was take their existing road uniform and replace the chest logo with the '90s wordmark. 

I get that they need to strike while the merch iron is hot, but they should've gone full throwback, or at least switched up the template and number font. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, joshey said:

Whatsup with the two shorts though? Is that apart of the look for the jersey or did S Dot layer up for media day? I've never seen something like that in media day pics

My guess is he was taking photos that feature both uniforms, so it was just a quick-change idea.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Shaun Livingston wearing that new stretch or whatever it called jersey:

Shaun-Livingston-Nike-Zoom-Clear-Out.jpg

The Warriors should start wearing white tights and blue socks with the road uniforms this year as it looks fantastic compared to the black socks and tights that they normally wear on the road. Unfortunately it's not likely to happen as the only reason Livingston is wearing them in this picture is because the team was in their home uniforms for the majority of media day (which is why you can see the white shorts underneath).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The NBA is just a complete mess. Every year teams find a way to make their identities worse...

CtnYKiDUEAAUgJ5.jpg

Why is the sword sublimated? It's going to look like the C just has a random cutout at the top. WHY WHY WHY the heck would you pick black? A color found nowhere else in their identity except for the awful sleeved jerseys.

24 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The NBA is just a complete mess. Every year teams find a way to make their identities worse...

CtnYKiDUEAAUgJ5.jpg

Why is the sword sublimated? It's going to look like the C just has a random cutout at the top. WHY WHY WHY the heck would you pick black? A color found nowhere else in their identity except for the awful sleeved jerseys.

I actually kind of like the sublimated sword on the center line, but the black looks terrible and clashes badly with the navy in the logo. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I actually kind of like the sublimated sword on the center line, but the black looks terrible and clashes badly with the navy in the logo. 

Yeah, I like the sword bit but I think navy blue or a darker colored wood, would've made a better choice then black. 

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Will they have that 42 patch all season long ?

093016-NBA-Golden-State-Warriors-Kevin-D

In tribute to Nate Thurmond. Former GS Warrior. #42

Ps. I actually LOVE that subliminal sword for the CAVS..and is one of the few lovers of black in uniforms and courts.

HOWEVER, the Black in Cleveland's court is atrocious and makes NO SENSE. (Unless to commemorate the black sleeved unis).

shado_logo.gif

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

CtnYKiDUEAAUgJ5.jpg

Kind of amazed the city skyline was taken off. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Kind of amazed the city skyline was taken off. 

Yeah even though it wasn't iconic..I liked the skyline. Kind of wish my Chicago Bulls would get the skyline on theirs..

But major cities like that have to pay extra for right to Sears (Willis tower),etc.

shado_logo.gif

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Why the hell not just use navy instead of black :rolleyes:

Because they came back from 3-1 wearing those unis. That jersey and its colors, despite the hatred you guys give it, will most likely be remembered as a symbol of the end of the 52 year drought.

7 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

CtnYKiDUEAAUgJ5.jpg

My theory: The Cavs are phasing out navy in favor of black, and whenever they get a new uniform set (they have been in these since 2010 and an overhaul in the first year of the new Nike deal makes all kinds of sense), the navy will be gone entirely. In the meantime, we have this weird transitional year. If you look at their promo materials since the Finals, it's been all wine/gold/black, too. Hmm....

One other wrinkle: The team said fans will get a preview of the court during the preseason with "the final finishing touches" coming on opening night. Wonder what they are adding...

(By the way, if you hate this floor, sit tight. The Cavs have changed court designs every other year since 2010 and are now on their 7th overall since 2003.)

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

(By the way, if you hate this floor, sit tight. The Cavs have changed court designs every other year since 2010 and are now on their 7th overall since 2003.)

So they will have another one before 2018/19 season.

4r2eer.png

Cavs court reminds me of the Sixers court during the 96-97 season. The black made absolutely no sense but in retrospect it's definitely foreshadowing. Navy is probably going away in the future thanks to winning the Finals in the black alternate.

allen-iverson-of-the-philadelphia-76ers-

bSLCtu2.png

Archived