Just pointing out how good the Jazz' updates look, from the uni update with the way the side panels are cut short at the angle of the note - something which many on here were disapproving of - down to the court update and getting rid of Optima. Their brand looks very clean and sharp now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, truepg said:

Just pointing out how good the Jazz' updates look, from the uni update with the way the side panels are cut short at the angle of the note - something which many on here were disapproving of - down to the court update and getting rid of Optima.

IDK. They're an improvement over the prior uniforms, but that's not saying much. The color scheme is still terrible, IMO. There just isn't enough contrast between the shade of blue that the use and the shade of green they use. I really wish they would've rectified that as part of the refresh.

5 minutes ago, truepg said:

Just pointing out how good the Jazz' updates look, from the uni update with the way the side panels are cut short at the angle of the note - something which many on here were disapproving of - down to the court update and getting rid of Optima. Their brand looks very clean and sharp now.

The new Jazz court is incredibly good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, patsox said:

IDK. They're an improvement over the prior uniforms, but that's not saying much. The color scheme is still terrible, IMO. There just isn't enough contrast between the shade of blue that the use and the shade of green they use. I really wish they would've rectified that as part of the refresh.

Well, I'm not a fan of the retro note logo, to tell you that.

On 10/14/2016 at 9:31 AM, The Wolf Within said:

This. A lot of people are excited about the updated Bad Boys logo but they never should've changed the horse logo.

Agreed while many look at the Bad Boys logo as the best logo that the pistons ever had I think nostalgia kind of blinds the fact that it is generic and boring while the flaming horse was very cool and unique. IMO I think that logo gave the Pistons a real Identity

38 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Agreed while many look at the Bad Boys logo as the best logo that the pistons ever had I think nostalgia kind of blinds the fact that it is generic and boring while the flaming horse was very cool and unique. IMO I think that logo gave the Pistons a real Identity

"Your 80s nostalgia blinds you to the fact that the Bad Boys logo was generic! My 90s nostalgia means the horse logo was better!"

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

"Your 80s nostalgia blinds you to the fact that the Bad Boys logo was generic! My 90s nostalgia means the horse logo was better!"

lol sorry for coming off like that but what I really mean to say was that the horse just looks more complete while the basketball logo just looks kind of boring

Just now, Rj0498 said:

lol sorry for coming off like that but what I really mean to say was that the horse just looks more complete while the basketball logo just looks kind of boring

The horse logo, to me, looks way too busy in either colour scheme. It's over-designed, as was the case with most 90s logos. The concept has promise, but the execution missed the mark.

The Bad Boys logo was a bit too dull, but the updated version that was leaked gave it just enough character to work, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

I do agree in that regard the update looks clean but I think it is not enough for a primary logo

The horse logo (which I can actually remember seeing in-use while it was the primary) has too much going on work as a primary logo. 

The core concept could work, but the actual logo is too over-designed. 

The night will also include the Magic raising a no. 49 banner during pregame ceremonies to honor the 49 victims. In remembrance, the number “49” on the banner will be filled with each person’s name who lost their life that night.

I didn't know the right place to post this, so I put it here. I have a strong feeling that the Magic will retire #49 as part of the ceremony, as Orlando City already has.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

The Lakers are playing the Warriors right now at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and the court is really cool.

nU88ZjZ.png

I like the court but not the gray key area--even though it's a T-Mobile color.

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The horse logo, to me, looks way too busy in either colour scheme. It's over-designed, as was the case with most 90s logos. The concept has promise, but the execution missed the mark.

The Bad Boys logo was a bit too dull, but the updated version that was leaked gave it just enough character to work, in my opinion.

Agree with both of you that the horse logo was over-designed and the Bad Boys logo too dull. But I would say that while the horse is a better concept, and the updated Bad Boys logo still being too dull for a primary, the current logo as is, is the best alternative for the Bad Boys route.

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Lakers are playing the Warriors right now at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and the court is really cool.

nU88ZjZ.png

Funny, since regardless of the nice city skyline and center-court logo details, I find the overall colour use very ugly.

Also want to say that the biggest mess of an identity at the moment is the Atlanta Hawks (besides the Clippers, but for some reason their brand feels more coherent nonetheless). There is red, black, the sublimated triangle pattern, with a grotesque neon green, and then there is also the retro logo on a white, completely non-related backrground, all on their court. Also, none of the brand colours except red (on white) appear in their primary logo!

Eliminating white altogether would bring them a long way.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:34 PM, Shadojoker said:

"Other cities I’ve heard that are going to be making a play for expansion are Louisville (they have all their affairs in order and ready to go), Pittsburgh, Omaha, Las Vegas, Vancouver, BC, and Mexico City.  Kansas City and St. Louis have been brought up as well, but I can’t confirm the validity of their interest."

Sorry for double post btw.

Louisville - Great, if the NBA wants to be second fiddle to college basketball.

Pittsburgh - Four major league sports teams in a region with less than 3 million people... good luck with that.

Omaha - Meh. I mean Salt Lake City and Oklahoma City have both worked, so I guess Omaha would be the next one to try if the NBA's desperate for expansion or one of the existing markets just collapses for some reason. Not even a million people in the area to draw from though.

Vegas - Whatever.

Vancouver - Canada for Canada's sake, automatic second fiddle to the Canucks in a metro area of a little over $2 million, if the Canadian dollar :censored:s the bed then all bets are off... there's a reason the NBA left town.

Mexico City - lol no

This is a major court upgrade. Right shade of red & wood stain. White font on baseline & single tone/different wood stain separates it enough from the Raps court. Also, maybe a slightly deeper shade of red? 

0a38b125-abe2-48a5-afe2-d82bb2999d34.nba

1460837043870-NBA-WEB-160416-HIGHLIGHTS.

This is also a terrible bottom line, ESPN. Wrong choice of fonts, why italicize, and do we really need to know total team timeouts more than total team fouls in the period (which can also indicate bonus) 

NYCdog.png

48 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

This is a major court upgrade. Right shade of red & wood stain. White font on baseline & single tone/different wood stain separates it enough from the Raps court. Also, maybe a slightly deeper shade of red? 

0a38b125-abe2-48a5-afe2-d82bb2999d34.nba

This is also a terrible bottom lines, ESPN. Wrong choice of fonts, why italicize, and do we really need to know total team timeouts more than total team fouls in the period (which can also indicate bonus) 

It´s to remind us how boring NBA is with all their timeouts.

You only have 1 in hockey, and it´s great !

Archived