• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/7/2016 at 3:21 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

Indeed.....

I've always wondered what a Light Blue, Yellow-Orange & Wine colour scheme would look like for Cleveland. It's unique enough and I think it could really work. It's also a creative mesh of eras for the team. 

bluefeather.jpg

9 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I guess the Cavs aren't changing their court?

They are.  They kept the old court for opening night only.  New court will debut at the next home game.  Apparently there are some subtle changes from the original rendering that was posted a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

They are.  They kept the old court for opening night only.  New court will debut at the next home game.  Apparently there are some subtle changes from the original rendering that was posted a few weeks ago.

Should have just went back to the drawing board or kept the old court. The invisible sword court is the worst they've ever had...

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Should have just went back to the drawing board or kept the old court. The invisible sword court is the worst they've ever had...

I think its good in theory.  Not sure how well it shakes out in application.  I just wish they would put the C-Sword logo in the corners again.  I usually like a minimalist/simple presentation, but I love when basketball teams put a secondary logo in the corners between the 3 point arc and key.

That being said, the 2-tone wood court, in general, is one of the best trends to come out of the 00's-10's, in my unpopular opinion.  I think it has such a cool, vintage look, even if it isn't something that was necessarily done back in the day.  I actually really like all these teams doing newer stuff with wood patterns on their courts as well, Brooklyn with the herring bone pattern, Charlotte with the honey comb pattern, etc.  Those are actually modern trends that I think benefit a brand and benefit a franchise.

Are we back on color-on-color watch? Opening night always seems like a big night for it. Celtics wore green at home but Nets didn't change -- a reprise of the 2012 Christmas Big Color game that was also tough to watch at points. 

CvwM3fDWYAAMXh_.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

OT - as many of you know the it's the Pacers 50th season and they have a patch for the jersey and court. Technically, it's the Nets 50th season too but recently they've decided to forget about their NJ history and now go by "est. 2012" as it says on their warm ups. I only bring it up because YES network had their own patch for the Nets 50th season, which is somewhat surprising given the Nets could care less.

GO NETS.

13 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

That is weird they distance themselves from their history but acknowledge it at the same time I have kind of wondered why they distance themselves to begin with

It's a mess - up until this season, their on-court and fan merchandise said "Est. 1967" rather than 2012.

It's also weird timing uniform-wise, considering they just introduced their Brooklyn remix jerseys that harken back to one of their mid-80's New Jersey looks (which, if they weren't established until 2012, did not happen). They also have a rack of Drazen Petrovic merchandise in their team store so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

It's a mess - up until this season, their on-court and fan merchandise said "Est. 1967" rather than 2012.

It's also weird timing uniform-wise, considering they just introduced their Brooklyn remix jerseys that harken back to one of their mid-80's New Jersey looks (which, if they weren't established until 2012, did not happen). They also have a rack of Drazen Petrovic merchandise in their team store so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No inside insight here, but I think the "Hello Brooklyn" era turned out to be enough of a bust that they're more open to throwing back now. Like their ticket sales in their gorgeous new arena started slow and only got worse, and they had maybe one season of selling tons of merch. I wouldn't say the entire experiment has been a failure, but I also wouldn't say it's anywhere near successful enough that they're able to ignore throwback trends or ostracize old-school Nets lifers. (Especially if they want to make any money off of the Long Island Nets.) (Which is also a nice bridge to Isles fans now that they're sharing space.)

On another note, that Denver/New Orleans color-on-color matchup is perfect, and that Pelicans alt is still so good.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, prof said:

Great color-on-color!

Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic (15) shoots against New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis (23) in the first half of an NBA basketball game in New Orleans, Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016.

I LOVE baby blue colors almost always but I don't LOVE it here.  I just can't put my finger on it.  For one thing, the side panel extending all the way up would definitely be an improvement, but it still looks odd to me for some reason...

Archived