12 hours ago, The Wolf Within said:

In my opinion the uniforms they originally introduced with the logo update are some of the most underrated NBA unis ever. I love them. It's a shame they only lasted 2 seasons, the unis they have now don't pop the way these do.

2008 4 Home.gif2008 5 Road.gif

I agree with this. In fact, I have long said that this is the best the Wolves have ever looked. Getting rid of all the green and the tree-trimmed collar was a huge mistake. It sucked all the visual interest out of the uniforms and made them look bland.

The original version looked even better on the court than it does on the screen.

LrbRLAc.jpg

4uobn1k.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

OK... I'll reveal this but it's not confirmed: The Cavs,Pacers,Clippers,Wolves,Suns,Blazers and.... are rebranding for the Nike season. Will tease you a bit more regarding to the shock team.

Yeaaaah, finally getting professional-looking uniforms (after switching from such), it's been so overdue. There's nothing wrong with the logo-set, though.

-

In other news, the Jazz' new sleeved set is a great piece of design and looks great on the court. That's how you do a sleeved uni. Having the stripes only on one leg of the shorts is key there, to not go overboard with them.

The Nets new faux-back alternate suffers a lot from lack of colors and doesn't look good on TV at all. The whole design gets very blurry.

As I had already said before, the Rockets' new black set is very uninspired and all the personality of the regular set goes out the window with it.

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

OK... I'll reveal this but it's not confirmed: The Cavs,Pacers,Clippers,Wolves,Suns,Blazers and.... are rebranding for the Nike season. Will tease you a bit more regarding to the shock team.

?????????

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

12 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Surprised to not see the Thunder on there since I thought it was confirmed that they were doing a rebrand.

He left one out.. could be it.

Happy the Pacers + Clippers are changing - their sets just suck and are both are inferior from what they changed from.

Pretty surprised to see Suns - I thought they would just get rid of everything black for purple.

Also surprised for Cavs - but not really since they want to squeeze as many uniform combinations in to whats remaining of Lebrons career as they can.

I hope Wolves bring back the trees in some shape or form. 

Blazers we knew - modernization of sorts (I predict it will be similar to 'Rip City')

Thunder / Lakers / Spurs / Heat -  I think one of them I think will be the last team.

GO NETS.

22 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Chicago, Lakers, Thunder, Heat, or Spurs are my choices for shock.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hornets adopt full pinstripes..since Jordan owns the team..he may update the set just a tad bit.

Ironic, as the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, and Spurs were Nike teams back in 1999-2000 (when Nike really went forth with new designs).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not shocked at all that the Cavs are getting a new look. This is year 7 for the current primary home/away uniforms, which is a long time by their standards, plus it makes sense for Nike want to make a splash with a team that has LeBron, Kyrie and, to a lesser extent, Kevin Love -- all Nike guys.

My guess is a set with wine, gold and black. Navy will either be dramatically reduced or eliminated entirely. Plenty of evidence of that happening already this year, from the new court to all their marketing materials. For what it's worth, the current color palette started getting used on applications around the arena the year before it became official too.

3 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Reading "Clippers", "Wolves", and "Suns" has me doing so many backflips right now.

Regarding the Clippers, I'd be thouroughly surprised if Ballmer were to swallow his pride and ditch the clip-art look he went nuts about, but one can still hope and this news at least implies it's a possibility. I'm crossing fingers that's the case. 

The Wolves need more green again. So long as they roll out a solid look with green in the mix, then I think it'll be a success.

The solution for Phoenix (more purple) is hopefully obvious enough to the team that it's ran with. I trust given the incremental increase in purple over the last few seasons that that's where they're headed.

The other teams concern me a little, but they each also could nail it depending on the route they take. I'm also super curious about the mystery team...it's easy to look at "shock" and think Thunder but for some reason I don't think I would be that shocked if it was them...so I can't help but think it's some team like the Lakers that's way out of left field. The Magic, maybe? Sort of random, but they've also had the same look for a little while, and they're rebuilding. Might be a good time to change things up (and hopefully something even closer to the Shaq set).

I'm looking forwards to this! 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I think the Mavs need an update to their unis since they're still wearing the same design that Nike game them back in the late 90s.

Plus the Mavs' blue/black logo has never matched the blue/navy unis.  So odd.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Ok, so prediction time!

Cavaliers: Get rid of navy for good, replacing it with black. 

Home: White

Away: Wine

Alt 1: Gold

Alt 2: Black

Pacers: Keep basics of current set, maybe add pinstripes, maybe add a sublimated checker pattern, and hopefully update their Agency script.

Away: Navy

Alt: Yellow

Clippers: Keep current logos (:puke:), update template

Away: Red

Alt 1: Blue

Alt 2: Black

Timberwolves: Update current logos, keep color scheme, maybe add a little more green (similar to what they did in 2009)

Away: Blue

Alt 1: Black

Alt 2: Green

Suns: Get rid of black permanently for purple, otherwise keep an already solid set as is.

Away: Purple

Alt: Orange

Blazers: Do what has already been said and modernize current look.

Away: Black

Alt: Red

Possible ... Teams: Thunder (forced "shock" pun is forced), Lakers (just feel that this is the time to modernize again), Heat (Wade era over), Magic (hopefully not, I am a huge supporter of the current set because of our success in it but I get that we're trying to build a new team), Rockets (I honestly don't know, I just have that feeling)

EDIT: What about the Pistons? Did they really scratch the new logo?

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Plus the Mavs' blue/black logo has never matched the blue/navy unis.  So odd.

Prefer the previous logo, but due to league rules that won't be possible.  Still, blue and green is much better and truer to their heritage.

The other Nike teams were the Bullets and the Raptors.  Drake took care of the latter, so maybe we'll see Wes Unseld era Bullets name and uniform return?

I wouldn't be shocked if the Blazers went to a red, white and dark grey color scheme and got rid of both black and silver. A large amount of their graphics and marketing material for this year has been exclusively red, white and grey and it's actually looked pretty good. In addition, the team was spotted in some new grey (not adidas) practice jerseys during training camp. As a Blazers fan, although the team has been black and red from the beginning, I think a dark grey could work for them because it wouldn't be a huge departure from black and it would seperate them a little bit from Toronto, Chicago and Houston (who seems to be moving more towards black rather than silver).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/31/2016 at 4:05 AM, hendocfc said:

A number of teams are rebranding next season,one of them is going to be a... shock,and one of them could be a gift from the heavens. Can't say much more for now.

On 10/31/2016 at 6:00 PM, mmejia said:

Rocket's new alts were worn last night. BFBS aside, I love the HOUSTON script and would love to see it on a red or white uniform with gold trim. 

IMG_3870.JPG

16 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

The sun is a gift from the heavens. So is the moon, and to get there, we need rockets.

12 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Please be us. Please be us. Please be us. 

I think we might be the one of the rebrands though, especially with the new blacks being radically different from our other unis. Rocke6ts should be a red, yellow and black team and me thinks the new jersey's our preview. The primary logo's probably going to be a modernized Clutch City era logo and maybe a rocket secondary logo that draws from the Francis/Snaggletooth era. 

And if the Thunder's the other one,'BOUT DANG TIME.

Archived