17 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

9668667-markieff-morris-marcus-thornton-

getty-images-622566512.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

We had another good uniform matchup last night with the Wizards wearing their Stars and Strikes uniform versus the Cavaliers wearing their classic excuse me regular maroon uniforms.

Whoever designed these Stars and Stripes uniforms really hit it out of the park!

Remove the unnecessary double outline on the numbers (navy outlined in red would be far superior), and I'd be fully in support of making these the Wizards' primary uniforms.

Also, the Cavs' wine uniforms are by far their best look. Hint, hint, Cleveland: wear them more!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I was watching what was supposed to be Pistons vs Spurs on Friday night, but all I could see was the Pistons players. When they didn't have possession, the ball was moving by itself!

USATSI_9669111-800x533.jpg

ha ha i get it because they were wearing camoflauge rofl that is an original and creative joke

3 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I was watching what was supposed to be Pistons vs Spurs on Friday night, but all I could see was the Pistons players. When they didn't have possession, the ball was moving by itself!

No wonder the Pistons lost. They couldn't find their opponents. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 11/13/2016 at 10:40 AM, MkDon said:

They are proud of them because the first ever professional basketball game was played in Toronto (Huskies vs Knickerbockers).

Not quite... There'd been pro baskeball since 1898. The first BAA (forerunner to the NBA) game was Huskies vs Knicks, Nov. 1 1946.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkCrYZBT34

On November 14, 2016 at 0:50 PM, swilson160 said:

ha ha i get it because they were wearing camoflauge rofl that is an original and creative joke

Dear my man,

Your fake astonishment bit is not only less original it's also much less funny. Rather than risk going anything close to that route, I instead chose to put my smart ass response in letter form. Hope all is well. Give my best to Beverly (yeah you can give her my best alright yeah yeah *air hump and lip bite*)

Okay but for real, be well. God bless.

Sincerely,

DC in da house w/o a doubt

90758391980.gif

“The sleeves are as big a mistake as the league has ever made,” said Dunleavy. “They look bad, and functionally, they get in the way of your shot, and when you sweat, you get cold. You find yourself being colder in a sleeved jersey than an unsleeved one. If you ask me, I’d rather have a sleeveless jersey. I think it’s come to the end of the road with that, though.”

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-uniforms-history-evolution/5/

9 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

“The sleeves are as big a mistake as the league has ever made,” said Dunleavy. “They look bad, and functionally, they get in the way of your shot, and when you sweat, you get cold. You find yourself being colder in a sleeved jersey than an unsleeved one. If you ask me, I’d rather have a sleeveless jersey. I think it’s come to the end of the road with that, though.”

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-uniforms-history-evolution/5/

Point guards also didn't appreciate that ball switch a while back. (The switch to composite, not the switch from laced to un-laced.  Not THAT far back.)

On 14/11/2016 at 5:46 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Yuck ! Purple shoes with a red, white and blue uniform? Can we give this guy a place in the Sportslogos.net hall of shame! 

12 hours ago, sayahh said:

Point guards also didn't appreciate that ball switch a while back. (The switch to composite, not the switch from laced to un-laced.  Not THAT far back.)

Then there was the seams switch. I remember Steve Nash being pissed about this. It didn't last till Christmas that year I think.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGD-Mo88Y2VBeEow2LmH0

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

22 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Then there was the seams switch. I remember Steve Nash being pissed about this. It didn't last till Christmas that year I think.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGD-Mo88Y2VBeEow2LmH0

It wasn't just Steve Nash, either, as many players complained of cuts on their fingers and hands caused by the ball. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, sayahh said:

Yeah I remember a story about JKidd saying it would scratch up or cut up his fingers a bit. That ball looked like a Walmart 2$ out-of-the-bin ball. 

If only we were able to get rid of the sleeves that quickly...

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

It wasn't just Steve Nash, either, as many players complained of cuts on their fingers and hands caused by the ball. 

I remember being in NYC at the NBA store that season when these balls were released. They were selling them at $100.

I grabbed one of the balls on display and I agree with Steve Nash and the other players. It felt different and I could imagine dribbling that thing all game would cause some issues

Go A's!

Archived