• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Re the potential new Suns logo on the last page: I like the logo better with yellow but hey that's just me

I like the logo with black..but that's just my opinion.

Favorite Suns jersey of all time was this

2817_barkley_full.jpg

But they mucked this up in their rebrand..so oh well.

shado_logo.gif

6 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

2817_barkley_full.jpg

Thats my favorite of all time too. But, they made it fit with the total identity and it fit perfectly imo. Plus all of the colors with that sunburst are varying shades of orange as opposed to just a plain yellow. My biggest gripe was the prevalence of yellow on the logo and the lack of purple anywhere, but they've slowly fixed that. 

I just hope that the potential yellow change is reflected in the current primary logo.

16 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:
15 hours ago, Digby said:

The Clips are the only team for whom I actually miss sleeve jerseys.

jersey-300.jpg

These, and the Warriors Chinese New Year jerseys, are two long sleeved jerseys I will miss

For me, these are the best sleeved jerseys:

Image result for nets in sleeved jerseys

(That's an old picture; but they still use those unis.  I used that shot only because it's so good.)

Once the sleeved jerseys go, the Nets should use this style as their main home uniform.  Enough with the lack of the team name on the uniform.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

30 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

(That's an old picture; but they still use those unis.  I used that shot only because it's so good.)

Once the sleeved jerseys go, the Nets should use this style as their main home uniform.  Enough with the lack of the team name on the uniform.

Certainly not bad, but I personally think these would be amazing in the Nets' traditional blue, red and white. 

4 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:
36 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Certainly not bad, but I personally think these would be amazing in the Nets' traditional blue, red and white. 

Oh, hell yeah.  

Image result for kenyon martin nets throwbacks

But they've decided on the new colour scheme; and that's not changing.  So I'd be satisfied with that design in black and white.

Still, there was absolutely no need to have changed the uniforms upon the move.  The old set was beautiful, and had that great "net" design on the side.

Image result for richard jefferson nets

Image result for kenyon martin nets

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 2/8/2017 at 2:18 PM, Shadojoker said:

2817_barkley_full.jpg

I wonder how much the uniforms may be tweaked or changed next season under Nike?  I love the sunburst unis, but obviously they'll never go back to them or they wouldn't be able to sell retro stuff. I wish we could see a modern retro design of the sunburst set, similar to the kind of rebrand the Blue Jays and Astros did in MLB.  Not even sure how that could be done with that design, but one can wish. 

27 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I wonder how much the uniforms may be tweaked or changed next season under Nike?  I love the sunburst unis, but obviously they'll never go back to them or they wouldn't be able to sell retro stuff. I wish we could see a modern retro design of the sunburst set, similar to the kind of rebrand the Blue Jays and Astros did in MLB.  Not even sure how that could be done with that design, but one can wish. 

Kind of like what they have now? :upside:

ExJworW.png

forgive me, as i don't follow basketball closely at all...

but did the celtics ever use the sleeved-jersey concept to throw back to these beauties?

Celtics_team+(1).jpeg

when i was a kid, i had a big book about basketball history, and these jerseys always stuck out in my mind because i'd never seen basketball jerseys with sleeves before.

if the celtics have never thrown back to these under adidas, i really wonder why. seems like from a marketing perspective, it'd be a slam-dunk (pardon that unintentional pun). with all the hate on sleeved jerseys and people saying they have no place in the NBA, this would be a way to have your cake and eat it too by being "innovative" and "modern" while also claiming to be paying respect to the sport's heritage and traditional aesthetic.

i remember seeing some really weird grey jersey with white letters and arm hoops to mimic the tank-top for the celtics a while back..... why on earth would they ever wear that, when this is a perfectly viable option? or did they wear these, and i just missed it?

49 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

forgive me, as i don't follow basketball closely at all...

but did the celtics ever use the sleeved-jersey concept to throw back to these beauties?

Celtics_team+(1).jpeg

when i was a kid, i had a big book about basketball history, and these jerseys always stuck out in my mind because i'd never seen basketball jerseys with sleeves before.

if the celtics have never thrown back to these under adidas, i really wonder why. seems like from a marketing perspective, it'd be a slam-dunk (pardon that unintentional pun). with all the hate on sleeved jerseys and people saying they have no place in the NBA, this would be a way to have your cake and eat it too by being "innovative" and "modern" while also claiming to be paying respect to the sport's heritage and traditional aesthetic.

i remember seeing some really weird grey jersey with white letters and arm hoops to mimic the tank-top for the celtics a while back..... why on earth would they ever wear that, when this is a perfectly viable option? or did they wear these, and i just missed it?

Nope. Never used as a throwback. Which is a shame, because it would have been the perfect tie-in. Heck those socks would have KILLER!

Archived