If you could prevent ANY relocation in sports history from happening, which one would you prevent?

FlyEaglesFly76

You can only choose one. Pressing a button rewrites history so that team never relocated.  Everyone except you forgets the Titans/Nationals/Thunder/Hurricanes ever existed. 

Which long dead team do you revive? Why that team?

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

You have four buttons in front of you. One brings back the Oilers

I realize they've been terrible for a solid decade now but dang.

I nominate this for POTD

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I realize they've been terrible for a solid decade now but damn.

I..... Could have worded this better.

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

*pushes button labeled "700 level"*

*exiles OP there*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 minutes ago, rams80 said:

*pushes button labeled "700 level"*

*exiles OP there*

As i'm going up to the 700 level, Why Rams80, whyyyyyyyy

Oilers? Nah. Houston has the Texans.

Sonics? After the way Seattle's potential ownership group acted with the Kings fiasco? Nope.

So it would be between the Expos and Whalers. Both of which I would love to see back, but probably shouldn't return.

Love the Houston Oilers. Especially since Nashville has lost interest in the Titans over the past few years, I'd bring back the Oilers. Honestly, when I'm thinking of the 32 NFL teams, I always forget Tennessee and Jacksonville. That's the AFC South for you I guess.

At least the SuperSonics relocated to a market that can support a team. To be fair, Nashville did well the first 10 years the team was there, but lately the interest has plummeted. The team sucks, yes, but does that justify Nashville having a team over, say, Portland? I'd say no.

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I realize they've been terrible for a solid decade now but damn.

I was REALLY confused when I saw my favourite team there and then I realized it's a football team. And yeah, great post.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

On 2/16/2016 at 5:29 PM, generalshepherd141 said:

Love the Houston Oilers. Especially since Nashville has lost interest in the Titans over the past few years, I'd bring back the Oilers. Honestly, when I'm thinking of the 32 NFL teams, I always forget Tennessee and Jacksonville. That's the AFC South for you I guess.

At least the SuperSonics relocated to a market that can support a team. To be fair, Nashville did well the first 10 years the team was there, but lately the interest has plummeted. The team sucks, yes, but does that justify Nashville having a team over, say, Portland? I'd say no.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get this info from?

I spend a good amount of time in the state of Tennessee.  (Just got back from there yesterday.)  Nashville is a Titans town first, and by far.  Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, the mountains...there's a lot of Titans apparel being worn by the locals and more Titans stuff decorating restaurants and bars than any other pro team.and UT.  Driving up last Friday, Titans talk was dominating the sports radio dial.  Now there's probably some fan apathy from all the losing the last few years as far as filling the stadium goes (although I've never really heard much about the Titans having home games blacked out in Nashville), but I'm pretty confident in saying that Nashville nor the state has not lost interest in the Titans.

I'm going to second that POTD nom

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sonics - of those four options they're the biggest robbery job. Never should've moved to begin with and this run the Durant/Westbrook Thunder have had has been good for Oklahoma City, but it would've been epic if it happened in Seattle. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived