Michigan Tech new logos

jboogie

41 minutes ago, jboogie said:

To clarify some of the people above: I believe this is a complete rebranding for the university and is for the athletics as well. 

Did you not see Bmac's post above?

13 hours ago, Bmac said:

The athletic department said that logo is sticking around. Not sure what is going on here, but I don't think they've taken the time to actually do a rebrand.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

11 minutes ago, jboogie said:

According to President Mroz he was quoted using word "rebranding" and marketing and communications dept stated that athletics will release their sets in a few months.

Meaning the ones above are NOT for athletics. They're clearly for the academics.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

The athletics is sorely in need of an update. The new academic logos are serviceable, definitely an upgrade from the 90s font they were using.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

One of Michigan Tech's Twitter accounts said that logo wasn't being discontinued. However, a different post said they're getting a new "spirit mark." Perhaps that means a new logo and the old one will remain in some capacity. Again, I get the feeling they dint follow through completely on this rebrand.

Since 1885 represents the year the school is founded it should be included. If the athletic "spirit" mark is an improvement on the husky it'll be fine. Let's hope it's more detailed thsn the academic marks though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived