NHL by CCM (Toronto Revisit)

Lycan38

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

I would lose the rounded yoke on the road jersey but besides that, it looks damn near perfect.  Love the navy alternate.

I thought about actually doing that but it just didn't look right to me.

Los Angeles Kings (Revisit)

CCM%2BLA%2BKings%2BRevisit1.png

For the Kings I took elements from their past to given them a overall classic feeling set. Silver and black still remains the primary colors. Purple returns in the alternate. As well as the King head logo, which I made tweaks to.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2016 at 5:58 PM, Lycan38 said:

Thanks for the feedback on the Capitals.

Florida Panthers

CCM%2BFlorida%2BPanthers.png

For the primary look I merged together the present with the teams original look. For the third I looked to an older concept I did and refined some things. Overall, I'm pretty happy the entire set. As always feedback is appreciated.

See what happens when you get rid of that dumb chest stripe. Beautiful. 

Next up...

Boston Bruins

CCM%2BBoston%2BBruins.png

Nothing groundbreaking here. Minor changes to primary look. Socks now match on the dark jersey and light gets striping last used in the 90s. Added a yellow third that takes inspiration from the teams past.

you do realize that the modern Reebok third jersey is the first time the Bruins have EVER worn black socks, right? Those gold socks are a quirk of pride in Boston. You might want to consider changing that back.

You took away the "so many sleeve stripes" look on the Boston white jerseys, a subtle thing I like because it feels like some of the older sweaters, but your change made the whites look more like those 60s/70s sweaters, and all you did was continue the stripes exactly as they were. Factor in that you include that many-stripe feel into the third jersey, and you have a major major upgrade. 

I also like that both the chest and shoulder logos of the third are the older, less refined versions of the chest and shoulder logos on the main jerseys. That's an excellent touch.

I always hate when people mess with Boston, they have a pretty much perfect look (and I'm no Bruins fan), but you found a way to solidly improve it. Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

that road jersey is absolutely beautiful. i always loved the white-in-the-middle stripes on the neely-era sweaters. never imagined it would look so good with the black shoulders. i love it.

but yeah, the homes definitely need yellow socks. it's not boston without yellow socks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the all the feedback on the Bruins. Ran into a bit of trouble coming up with some new ideas but got something new to show.

Arizona Coyotes

CCM%2BArizona%2BCoyotes.png

For the Coyotes I decided to merge together elements of their previous looks. Black goes back to being strictly used on the logos. Overall, I wanted to create a clean and solid look for them and I believe I accomplished that.

On 10/15/2016 at 10:21 PM, Lycan38 said:

Thanks for the all the feedback on the Bruins. Ran into a bit of trouble coming up with some new ideas but got something new to show.

Arizona Coyotes

CCM%2BArizona%2BCoyotes.png

For the Coyotes I decided to merge together elements of their previous looks. Black goes back to being strictly used on the logos. Overall, I wanted to create a clean and solid look for them and I believe I accomplished that.

I love this look, with the shade of red they use, the black isn't all that distinguishable, on their currents. Eliminating it and adding sand is a great call. Great work!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived