MSHSL Hockey Tournament: The Tourney

chcarlson23

Well I don't think there's a thread about this, and I want to see how many Minnesotans who follow this are on here. I always go to the AA semifinals. Sometimes the Quarters, but not a Championship game yet... 

I just saw the Wayzata Trojans beat the Stillwater Ponies, 2-1 in Reg. I then saw the Eden Prairie Eagles wallop the Grand Rapids (As we Minnesotans know, not THAT Grand Rapids, it's our Grand Rapids) Thunderhawks 6-2. That sets up a Wayzata-Eden Prairie State Final game for AA. Earlier in the day Breck beat Thief River Falls 4-0 to advance while Hermantown looks to avoid 7 second places in a row by drubbing SPA 7-1. Which sets up a Breck-Hermantown final for A. It was a rather interesting tourney as normal people like Edina (SUCKS! :D), Hill-Murray, (Who also Sucks. GO BEARS!!!)  Benile-St. Margrets, East Grand Forks, Lakeville North, and Duluth East. 

Any surprises to you this year or any prections? This thread will be used for all coming years. Including Regular season and sections... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Hermantown FINALLY won a title, beating Breck 5-0, and Wayzata beat Eden Prairie 5-3 upsetting the #1 team in the tournament... Great Tournament this year! 

And no Minnesotans?  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Updating this for the 2017 Tourney...

Grand Rapids beat Moorhead 6-3 in the AA final, while Eden Prairie beat Lakeville South for 3rd. Casey Mittlestadt couldn't finish off his senior year with a State Title...

St. Thomas Academy beat the defending Champs 5-0 to win Consolation... Biggest surprise? Hill-Murray did not finish the tournament with a win.

In class A, Hermantown beat Monticello (/Annandale/Maple Lake) 4-3 in double overtime to take their second title in a row. That's now 9 State title games in a row for Hermantown. (However they've only won the last two in that streak...) Great run by Monticello! St. Cloud Cathedral beat Northfield 2-1 to take 3rd place. 

Delano blew out Mahtomedi 8-1, then beat down East Grand Forks 6-3 to claim Consolation after being upset in the first round by Monticello. 

I didn't get to see any of the games live this year, but it was a great tournament with lots of upsets, lots of OT games, and no Edina! Ooops, I mean not many blowouts... 

Archived